Quicken opens my data file and then quickly jumps to a blank screen.

This discussion was created from comments split from: Quicken Canada 2018 - Blank Screen after Login.

Comments

• GayP
    GayP Member
    I cannot exit Quicken to restart it since I can’t put in a password
  • GayP
    GayP Member
    Quicken needs password but no where to enter it
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please try this:
    Terminate Quicken using the Windows Task Manager.
    Restart Quicken.
    Do not start any One Step Update or investments update action.
    Go to Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID
    Sign out and then "sign in as different user" using your current Quicken ID and password

What version, edition level and release of Quicken are you using? 
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.

• GayP
    GayP Member
    I tried to restart Quicken but without entering a password I was not able to follow your instruction to go to Edit/preferences/quicken I’d. I believe I am using Quicken 2017
  • System
    System Member ✭✭✭✭
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Enter Quicken ID Password screen displays a blank screen???.
  • I am getting the same issue. The "Enter Quicken ID Password" pop up appears when starting Quicken and there is no place to enter the information. Closing the window results in the Quicken window not responding and having to use Task Manager to end it.
  • FrostyT
    FrostyT Member
    I did the preferences and signed out. Now when I start Quicken it loads my data and then immediately goes to a blank screem
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    FrostyT said:
    I did the preferences and signed out. Now when I start Quicken it loads my data and then immediately goes to a blank screem
    Please follow these instructions:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/blankwhite-registration-screen

• FrostyT
    FrostyT Member
    Using Q 2018 R23.17 on Windows 10. Quicken opens my data file and then quickly jumps to a blank screen.
This discussion has been closed.