Citibank no longer sending code for two factor authorization

Citibank no longer sending code for two factor authorization

Answers

• DavidDavid Member ✭✭
    Until this week, when updating Citi accounts in Quicken, Citi would text a code to use for 2FA. That no longer occurs. I am using Quicken version 5.13.3 for Mac OS 10.14
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello David,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you are still needing assistance with receiving a code from Citibank please take a look at the steps outlined Here.

This article does state that it's for 101/103 errors but these steps may remedy the issue that you're experiencing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
  • DavidDavid Member ✭✭
    Hi. That didn't work. Deactivating all Citi accounts and deleting all the relevant passwords in keychain, and then reactivating didn't work. Attempting via a new Quicken file also didn't work.

Sometimes when trying to access I do receive a code by text but the code doesn't work, and I receive a message that says: "The Citibank website may be down." The message advises me "Retry. We're sorry but this feature is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Please verify that you can connect to your bank and navigate until you can see your most recent transactions" At the bottom of this message window it says: "AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (FI_TIMEOUT:ccscrape. 102)."

I can access everything via Citi website. But of course that's not the idea here.

The Quicken online chat person told me to check my account on Citi's website to see whether the Quicken App was authorized. I don't see that I have any apps authorized. I contacted Citi, and they said that to have an app authorized, Citi needs to be contacted by the app. (I'm not sure that the Quicken Mac program is considered an "app".) In any event, no luck. All of my other accounts have no problem -- just Citi is the problem.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭

Hello David,

Thank you for giving the steps above a try and letting me know the results.

If you are experiencing a 102, please take a moment to review the steps outlined here.

If the trouble persists after completing these steps, please contact support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps and a review of the logs for possible escalation.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
  • DavidDavid Member ✭✭
    This doesn't work either. I can access the bank directly (which is really the solution -- "Go To Bank" -- proposed in the memo you attached).

I will see if the support people can help.

Thanks.