How to get Quicken to remember the minimized window size

I frequently need to minimize the Quicken window so that I can have it side-by-side with another program on my screen. Quicken does not remember the minimized window size. It barely minimizes the window when I select minimize and I have to reset it to the desired size of about half my screen. Other programs (e.g., Excel, Word, browsers) remember the minimized size. Is there any way to get Quicken to remember the minimized size?

Best Answers

• ksmksm ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you, Sherlock. Your guidance tells me I should switch to the 1/2 screen size before I close Quicken. Then it will open in that size and I can maximize to full screen as I desire when I am using it, but always switch to the smaller size before closing. I tried it; worked great.

Answers

• leishirsuteleishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    "When we close Quicken, the current state, size, and position of the Quicken window is saved to the QUser.ini file located within the user's hidden AppData\Roaming folder. "
    This is not happening.   Quicken starts with the same small windows size regardless of the size it was in the prior session.  QUicken Deluxe 2020 here.
    Quicken Windows 2017 Deluxe on Windows 7 & 10 Pro
  • ksmksm Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you, Sherlock. Your guidance tells me I should switch to the 1/2 screen size before I close Quicken. Then it will open in that size and I can maximize to full screen as I desire when I am using it, but always switch to the smaller size before closing. I tried it; worked great.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "When we close Quicken, the current state, size, and position of the Quicken window is saved to the QUser.ini file located within the user's hidden AppData\Roaming folder. "
    This is not happening.   Quicken starts with the same small windows size regardless of the size it was in the prior session.  QUicken Deluxe 2020 here.
    If the QUser.ini file is not being updated with the window's state, size, and position, Quicken may not be closing properly.   If so, you might try using the X on the application title bar.  If the issue persists, you may want to review:https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • leishirsuteleishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks.  Your suggestion about changing text size to 100% seems to have worked.  I ended up changing the screen resolution to get a bit larger font for all apps.
    Quicken Windows 2017 Deluxe on Windows 7 & 10 Pro