Syncing removes categories and deletes transactions

For several months, syncing has corrupted my data by removing categories and/or deleting transactions altogether. Syncing to the "cloud" alone does not cause corruption; however, the first time I use my Android app and then resync from the cloud to the desktop, it corrupts data 100% of the time. It always removes categories, seemingly at random, and often 4 or 5 at a time. Occasionally it deletes transactions altogether, and not necessarily recent ones. I just spent several hours comparing registers from my current file and a known good backup and discovered that there were transactions deleted from years ago.

I have reported this issue before and I have ALREADY done all of the usual things, such as repairing my file (multiple times) and resetting the cloud (innumerable times).

Every time a new version of the Android app comes along I am hopeful that this problem will have been fixed, but nothing has changed.

Comments

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @tbclark3

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you are still experiencing this trouble with the mobile app, can you provide the location of your Quicken file?

Is the file stored in cloud-based storage or on a network drive? This can cause behaviors similar to what you are reporting.

For more information on locating the Quicken Data file, please see if the information available herehttp://www.quicken.com/support/how-find-quicken-data-file-quicken-windows.

Let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka