Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Can't log in to Citibank for more a week?

This is happening very Often. I need to activate and desactivate at least every week. Very frustrated with Quicken and looking for another option. I has been a Quicken User for more than maybe 15 year or more. This year has been the work

Best Answer

Answers

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Web Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • alsolutionalsolution Member ✭✭
    This year has been the worst with Citibank connection I called Customer Service and they told me to wait. I'm looking for another alternative to Quicken unfortunately can't find a program like this. Very frustrated it. Citibank used to have web Connect in which I used to have it but the cancelled it a while ago.
    This year has been the worst with Citibank connection I called Customer Service and they told me to wait. I'm looking for another alternative to Quicken unfortunately can't find a program like this. Very frustrated it. Citibank used to have web Connect in which I used to have it but the cancelled it a while ago.
    Citibank discontinued their support for the Direct Connect connection method.  Citibank still supports the Express Web Connect and the Web Connect connection methods.  
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • alsolutionalsolution Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    If Citibank still support Express Web Connect why can't I connect with them. I'm just trying an alternative software with(removed) and didn't have a problem getting information with Citibank Using Express Web Connect. I'm not a new user with Quicken
    edited December 2019
    If Citibank still support Express Web Connect why can't I connect with them. I'm just trying an alternative software with (removed) and didn't have a problem getting information with Citibank Using Express Web Connect. I'm not a new user with Quicken
    What error message are you getting? Have you tried to reset the connection method?

My understanding is the [removed] does not use the Express Web Connect connection method.

Generally, the Express Web Connect connection method is less reliable than the Direct Connect and Web Connect connection methods because it depends on the ability of Express Web Connect servers to pull our data from a financial institution.

This means the financial institution's service needs to be available when queried and remain compatible with the Express Web Connect servers.  In some cases, even a minor change to the financial institution's web site can break screen scraping scripts being used to locate and parse HTML pages.  

As there are over 15,000 financial institutions supporting the Express Web Connection method, there is always a queue of financial institutions that are not working and there are limited resources to resolve the issues once they're properly detected or reported.  After the problem is understood, it may take time to coordinate fixes with the financial institution, test solutions, and propagate a fix.  

By comparison Direct Connect and Web Connect rely on well-defined interfaces supported by the financial institutions that enable us to pull our data directly.  

When there is an issue with the Direct Connect and Web Connect connection method, it's almost always an issue that needs to be addressed by the financial institution and they set their own priorities to address an issue.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • Ken StevensKen Stevens Member ✭✭
    Any resolution on this one? I'm having the same issue over the last week.
This discussion has been closed.