Unable to activate new software

After purchasing Quicken Deluxe from Quicken.com and installing the new software (was using the 2017 version), I received a confirmation email that stated my User ID was my name (not my email address). Somehow, during past dealings with Quicken, I have two accounts, one under my name and the other under my email address. While following the setup screens to activate the software, I get locked into a closed loop and cannot get out of it and cannot activate Quicken. I spoke with Customer Service for about an hour until he hung up on me. I got the impression he didn't know how to fix my problem, so I didn't call back. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFAIK, your Quicken username is an email address. Have you tried signing into your account on quicken.com and verifying your subscription?
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @wingnut ,

Okay. Your Quicken User ID, is no longer a Nickname, but your Email Address at: https://www.quicken.com/

To Log in, hover the mouse over Sign In and click My Account. You will be in the proper Account, when you see Download Quicken after you log in. That will be the same Quicken User ID and Password to use with the Quicken Program.

If you picked another Quicken User ID, that does not show Download Quicken, then you selected the wrong Account.

The Quicken Program is already activated, when you buy from Quicken.com, that activation is not needed, but you need to use the correct Quicken User ID with all Quicken Data Files.

For the future:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've reported this to a moderator, hopefully they can get involved and help you.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW 2015, 2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2
    Hello @wingnut
    Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the Community, although I apologize for the negative experience you had with Support and the issues experienced in activating the software.

I took the liberty of reviewing our internal support system and confirmed that there are two Quicken ID accounts for you.

One under the email address associated with your Community Profile
    The second Quicken ID is your name.

I also see an active subscription for Quicken Deluxe attached to the Quicken ID that is your name.

That, however, is where things get a little tricky.  If you aren't aware, in 2017 there was a major update that required Quicken Users to migrate their Intuit ID's to become a Quicken ID as part of the final transition from Intuit.

This migration process changed the username from any name of your choice to requiring that your email address be the Username.

In your situation, the ID that has the active subscription has not yet been migrated to a "Quicken ID" which is causing the login loop and being unable to activate the software.

We have corrected this internally, and you should be receiving an email shortly with an invitation to "migrate" the ID and change the Username to any email address of your choosing.

Once the ID has been migrated, you should then be able to sign into Quicken and activate the software, but please let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • wingnutwingnut Member ✭✭
    Following the advice of thecreator, I was able to get everything on the same page and am now able to use Quicken. Thanks to all.
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    wingnut said:
    Following the advice of thecreator, I was able to get everything on the same page and am now able to use Quicken. Thanks to all.
    Hi @wingnut ,

Thank you, but you should be also reading Quicken Sarah's comment / reply as well.