One Step Update Not working for all Bank Accounts

I'm getting 501 errors "cannot connect to server" errors for all my bank accounts and a few credit card accounts. However, some credit card accounts are updating normally. Why is this happening and when will it be resolved? It's been like this for almost a week.

Answers

• Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2
    You will need to specify your financial institutions. All of my accounts are updating fine. Probably the best thing to do is Help > Report a Problem. This will let you describe the issue and include your all-important log files for Quicken folks to examine.You can leave out the screen shot and sanitized data file, but do include the log files when you do this.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win7 Pro & Win10 Pro.
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

During One Step Update from Quicken on your desktop / laptop, if you get error CC-501 for all of your Express Web Connect - connected accounts from several banks while other bank accounts using Direct Connect or Web Connect work OK ...

Please do not use any "Reset CC Credentials" instructions found here in the Community to correct online banking errors.  Instead, please contact Support.

Support has access to a tool that can "reset" the User profile internally on the server.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • rrbhokiesrrbhokies Member
    For the past week, I've been receiving cc-501 errors on many of my bank accounts. They all appear to be using Web Direct Connect. I receive the error "Uanable to update these accounts because of an error on the Quicken Server". The banks are:
    Bank of America
    Barclays
    Capital One 360
    Capital One Card Services
    Chase
    Kohls Credit Card
    Navy Federal Credit Union
    TD Bank
    Wells Fargo
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check your firewall.  It sounds like it isn't letting Q contact these Financial Institutions ... because I download from several of those banks/cards without difficulty.
    Also, please clarify your connection method.  There's "Web Connect" and "Direct Connect", but there's no such thing as "Web Direct Connect".  This can be determined by doing TOOLS, Account List and looking in the "Transactions Download" column adjacent to each account.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • rrbhokiesrrbhokies Member
    I've turned off all firewalls. Here's something interesting though. I created a brand new file, and then added one of the banks I'm having trouble with, and it connected and downloaded just fine! Then I tried another bank, and it worked. So, it's just not updating with my current file. I then loaded a backup from back in July and still can't connect, and my file had been working as of a week ago, so a backup file should have worked. So, it's something with the file itself.

I've even tried deleting one of the accounts and creating a new account, just like I did with the new file I had created. Still no dice. Again, something about this specific file.

I'd hate to have to start over with a new file. I have over 10 years of history in this one, and I use it to track everything, including investments. It would be a true nightmare.

And I've also thought about just upgrading to the subscription model, but I've heard that there are issues with converting files from 2017 and with 10 years of history, I'm worried that I won't be able to convert anyways.

Any additional thoughts? On , and yes, it's Express Web Connect.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @rrbhokies

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this ongoing issue with the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

I took the liberty of reviewing your account information in our internal support system where I was able to locate the root cause of the CC-501 errors with the multiple financial institutions.

I've made a small update to your internal server profile which should resolve the CC-501 errors and allow all accounts using the Express Web Connect method to now connect and download transactions successfully.

Please open your original data file and run the One Step Update, does it now complete successfully?  Or are you still receiving an error(s)?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah