Quicken Crashes After Entering MFA Bank Provided Code

Hello.

I just upgraded from my 2017 Desktop version. Software is up-to-date on R 23.17.

I attempted to add a credit card account with a provider that requires two factor authentication. A window appeared to provide a place to enter the bank's provided code, but the moment after entering the number and pressing enter, Quicken shut down.

I tried this 3 times with the same result. Each time, I documented the problem within the pop-up that appears ("We apologize for the problem...").

I hope that someone can assist with this.

Thanks,

dr bug

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

Finally, more details, please.
    Which bank are you having issues with?
  • drbugdrbug Member
    Hello UKR. Thank for the assist:

Just tried again after a complete shutdown and turn on. Quicken still crashes. I was attempting to add a credit card from Chase. Note that in over 3 years of using Quicken Desktop 2017, Quicken never crashed, but I also never tested MFA believing it was not supported.

Additional: Running Windows 10 ver. 1909. Carefully copied and pasted the code from the E-Mail. I generally operate in Tablet Mode (I've seen the 2017 version not so happy with this) and was running the subscription version with no apparent issues for about 1/2 hour or so. BFWIW, I did turn if off and tried the operation with the same result (but before the reboot).

I'll explore troubleshooting link and see if anything there is relevant to what I'm experiencing.

dr bug
  • drbugdrbug Member
    Okay.

Software checks as current. I then went through the file validation process and tried setting up the credit card again. Regrettably, Quicken still crashes.
  • drbugdrbug Member
    UKR:

The problem was resolved with assistance from Quicken Tech Support. Mondo Patch was applied.

The process of adding a new credit card did not crash Quicken Subscription after running the patch.

Thanks again for your help.

dr bug
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for responding.
    Since your data file has suffered thru one or more crashes, please do perform the file maintenance steps, as directed in Step (2) of the trouble shooting procedure I pointed you to in my earlier response.