Very unsettling experience with Quicken Support/phone/screenshare

Yesterday I called Quicken Support regarding Reports. The man who answered did not give his name and spoke really slowly. I stated my problem and after three fumbling attempts we were into screenshare. It was a simple question - I have used Quicken for years and am familiar with it - yet he didn't seem to understand the problem or my questions. I finally decided he was totally stoned or very ill and got off screenshare. I then attempted to contact Quicken via email, but it seems there is no email for support. Now I am nervous that my account may have been compromised. How can I contact the company? Thank you.

Answers

• Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.quicken.com/contact-support

How did you contact Quicken Customer Support?
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • judytnelsonjudytnelson Member
    By the telephone number listed on the Quicken website.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I flagged your post to make sure that the moderators see it.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW 2015, 2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you'd like to state the reports problem here, community members may be able to help.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
    Thank you, Splasher. To RickO: I go to Create a Summary Report. I customize the date range, choose the accounts and categories and hit OK. The result is the same: Money In: $0. Money Out: $0. I have been doing this successfully for years but now I get the same outcome: no information. Thank you.
  • RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @judynelson, Without knowing more about the report setup and transactions you are looking to include, it's hard to say what's happening. However, there were some additions to the controls organization and transfer controls available in the customization that may be affecting what you're seeing. 

In the report customization screen, click the Advanced tab and try playing with the options there to see if you can get the report back to what you're used to.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
    Thank you, RickO. This is helping. It doesn't look the same as I am used to, but I will get there! PS: Called Support again, got woman who tried to get me to do it as a transaction report. Your way is better.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @judytnelson

My name is Sarah and I am a Moderator in the Quicken Community as well as an Official Representative of the Quicken Support Team.

I appreciate your taking the time to share the details of your recent experience with Support, although I'm sorry to hear that this was a negative interaction with the Agent.

I took the liberty of reviewing the case details and call transcript for this interaction and have forwarded this information to our Senior Support Management Staff so they may be aware of the situation and follow-up with the Agent as appropriate.

I'm glad to see that the Community is assisting with the report customization concerns, but please let me know if there are any further questions/concerns that I may assist with.

Thank you,

Sarah
    Sarah,
    Perhaps the man I spoke with yesterday was a new hire who needs more training. I do not want to be the cause of his firing! I was worried about the screen sharing, in light of all we read about hacking, etc.
    Thank you for looking into this.