Can't choose category with one bank transaction

Can't choose category with Wells Fargo Zelle transaction . The transaction is downloaded into Quicken and when I choose category in Quicken only bank and credit card accounts appear, I want to use my rental category. This happens every month when I pay my rent and not with any other transaction.
Thanks for any help, Ron

Best Answer

• UKRUKR ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Is this particular transaction (mis-)marked as a XFER transaction (in the Check# / Reference# column)?
    If so, the Select Category dialog may be primed to only show transfer account names. Blank out the XFER text in the Check# column. Or, in the Category dialog, look in the left portion of the screen and click on All Categories.
    Since this is a recurring transaction, use a Scheduled Reminder to post a register transaction in Quicken every month, a day or two before Due Date. When the transaction downloads from the bank, Quicken should be able to match it properly to your already entered and correctly categorized register transaction.

Answers

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Is this particular transaction (mis-)marked as a XFER transaction (in the Check# / Reference# column)?
    If so, the Select Category dialog may be primed to only show transfer account names. Blank out the XFER text in the Check# column. Or, in the Category dialog, look in the left portion of the screen and click on All Categories.
    Since this is a recurring transaction, use a Scheduled Reminder to post a register transaction in Quicken every month, a day or two before Due Date. When the transaction downloads from the bank, Quicken should be able to match it properly to your already entered and correctly categorized register transaction.
  • rep48rep48 Member ✭✭
    Blanking out the TXFER text in the Check# column WORKED! Thank you so much, UKR! I need to learn about the scheduled reminder to match it properly and do that to several of my transactions.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason why this worked is that Categories INCREASE your Net Worth (Income) or DECREASE it (Expenses).
    A Transfer does neither.  It just moves your money from one pocket to another ... just as moving your wallet has no impact upon your Net Worth.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP