Home Quicken for Mac Errors and Troubleshooting (Mac)

Missing transactions after download.

Hi. I have 3 Regions bank accounts on Quicken (Subscription 2020 Mac). 2 of the accounts download transactions perfectly every day. The other main account misses transactions every day. It's random. Many transactions will update fine but every day I have to look at my bank activity and manually add the missing transactions to my Quicken. I had hoped the new update would correct this problem but it has not. It's been going on for weeks. Thank you.-Mike

Comments

• HistoryHistory Member
    I have experienced the same issue with our Capital One accounts using Quicken 2017 Deluxe on my Windows 10 desktop. Today I started the subscription service. It's early, but it appears the issue continues.
  • This is happening frequently for me on Quicken 2020 for Mac (v 5.13.3) with my Credit Card account. Very frustrating.
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest this is an issue where you may be best contacting Quicken Support. Chat support is available on the weekends, but if you wait until during the week to use their phone support, a support agent can connect to your Mac to see what you are seeing.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Waljax

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If this is a recurring situation, where at least one posted transaction is missing from multiple/subsequent downloads, and the missing transaction(s) cannot be found in the OFX Log and the account is connected using Quicken Connect this may be able to be escalated through Quicken Support.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

To verify that the account is connected via Quicken Connect, select the account in question and navigate to settings in the bottom right-hand corner.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • WaljaxWaljax Member
    My accounts all use Direct Connect. Thanks.
    Hello @Waljax

Thank you for the response, although I apologize for the delay.

As a test, may I ask that you go to File > New and create a new test file?

When prompted if you would like to sync to mobile/web please choose "No" as this is just a test file.

Please add the Regions accounts and see if the transactions are missing in this new test file as well.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • WaljaxWaljax Member
    I finally got a chance to set up a test account and yes, all the transactions downloaded correctly in the new account. Any idea how this is affecting my original account? Do I need to start from scratch? Thank you-Mike
    edited January 12
    Hello @Waljax

Thank you for giving that a try and letting me know the results.

The test file only tells us that the issue is in the file itself.

The problem could lie within the data file or the issue could just be with the Regions account within the file.

As a test, can you return to the original file and attempt to add the Regions account brand new and see if the transactions download correctly?

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • WaljaxWaljax Member
    OK. I've tried twice to add the new account to my file and the new account won't download correctly either. I'm assuming there is some corrupt issue in the file itself.

I've tried creating a new file but I can't seem to move all my old accounts transactions from the old file to the new file. I tried to export but it would only let me do a QMTF file and the new account couldn't open it.

Can you please give me some advice on how to transfer my old transactions to my new working file? I've been dealing with this for 4 months & am terribly frustrated.

Thank you,

Mike
    Hello Mike,

Thank you for giving those steps and try and letting me know the results.

To move data between to files, try exporting the data using the "Quicken Windows Transfer File (QXF).

This may sound odd as you are using a Mac, however, this is the best format for transferring data.

Please save the exported data to the desktop or someone easy to locate.

Please navigate to File > New > Start From Scratch. You will be prompted to add an account, please just close the window and do you not add a bank account.

Then navigate to File > Import > Quicken Windows File (QDF, QXF) and navigate to the previously exported file.

Investments accounts may have a discrepancy after the transfer, results may vary. I would compare this new file to the previous file to make sure everything is in order.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • WaljaxWaljax Member
    Well I was hopeful but I'm still having the same issue. I exported & imported to a new file and everything seemed to transfer correctly. All my other accounts download correctly but the same account still misses transactions. Any more suggestions? Thanks for your help-Mike
    edited March 6
    Thank you for the response, although I apologize that the issue continues to persist.

One last idea would be to create a new blank file and add the account that experiencing this trouble first.

With that account added and downloading properly, then import the QFX file and merge the previous transactions to the newly created account.

Transactions can be moved to another account by highlighting the transactions and dragging and dropping them into the desired account.

Let me know how it goes!
    -Quicken Tyka
  • mattsweeneymattsweeney Member ✭✭
    For whatever it is worth, I am having the same issue with my American Express downloads...most frustrating.
    edited March 21
    Hello @mattsweeney

Thank you for taking the time to come to the Community to post your question, however, this is an older post and the issue is for a different financial institution. I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7849429/how-to-add-a-post-to-the-community

Be sure to include a description of the issue, any error messages as well as the version of Quicken.

The more information you can provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
This discussion has been closed.