Increase size of column separator line?

My eyesight is declining. It would help me a great deal if I could increase the size of the line that separates columns. How can I do that?
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cannot change the intrinsic width of the column separators. You might want to try the Windows Magnifier tool.

Open the magnifier by pressing the Windows key and the + key.
    Close it by pressing Windows key and ESC key.
    I find it most useful in its "lens" view.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Howdy Rock,

I help Jim with his technology issues.

Thanks for chiming in! But the Windows magnifier and other software that magnifies parts of the screen or the entire screen then view-ports around the screen have not been helpful. They add an extra layer of control that is difficult to navigate whey you get old. Jim and my skill sets are shrinking as we age.

How do y'all add items to the developer's TODO lists?
    Dale

How do y'all add items to the developer's TODO lists?

Go to this section of the forum:
    Locate the proper sub-section (in this case probably Display/UI) and first look to see whether someone has already submitted this idea. If so, you and Jim can both vote for it. If you can't find your idea, create a new Idea thread with your suggestion. If others on the forum like your idea, they will vote for it. If it gets enough votes, it might be considered by the developers.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
    edited December 2019
    @James K. Steiner @DaleEMoore I see a moderator has converted your question into an idea.
    Now you have to vote for your own idea because vote counts always start at zero.
    edited December 2019
    And the question is: do you really want visibly thicker separators, or do you actually want a wider target for dragging the columns? The current target appears to be about 3 pixels wide, which is difficult to grab. Personally, I like the thinness of the visible lines, but a wider grab target would be most welcome.