What is the "pencil" icon in my Status column

Why all of a sudden am I getting a pencil icon in the status column all of a sudden on Bill reminders in my credit card account in Quicken. These transactions don't show up when I try to reconcile my statement. I have never downloaded transactions from my bank; only from my mobile app but these didn't come from my mobile app. HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS??

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're are not planning on importing transactions from a financial institution, I suggest you deactivate the Online Services associated with the account: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Online Services tab, and select Deactivate.

Otherwise, the red pencil icon appears when the transaction has not been matched to a downloaded transaction and is not marked as cleared or reconciled.  If you do not want to view the Status column in the register, I suggest you open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + N, select Register Columns..., and uncheck Status.   

Regarding reconcile, you may want to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7164953/faq-how-does-quicken-determine-which-transactions-qualify-for-a-reconcile
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I'm confused.... if you don't download the CC charges, then what are they getting reconciled against ?   The "pencil" icon indicates that a transaction has been manually entered, and has not been matched against anything for a reconcile....
    and if you hover over the "pencil" icon, the text will say this...
    EDIT - updated the topic title to better reflect the Q&A
    Quicken Subscription - Windows 10
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ps56k said:
    I'm confused.... if you don't download the CC charges, then what are they getting reconciled against ?   The "pencil" icon indicates that a transaction has been manually entered, and has not been matched against anything for a reconcile....
    and if you hover over the "pencil" icon, the text will say this...
    EDIT - updated the topic title to better reflect the Q&A
    @ps56k: Even when we are not importing transactions from a financial institution into a register, we may still reconcile the register against a statement obtained from a financial institution. 
This discussion has been closed.