Why do tags (blue dot) to missing when I try to reconcile.

Every transaction is tagged when I look at my checking account but some go missing
when I click on Reconcile.

Answers

• John_in_NCJohn_in_NC SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    A blue dot in the Status column (the only place that would show this) means the transaction was downloaded. Is that what you are seeing?

A "Tagged" transaction means you entered a Tag in the Tag column. (Tags are similar to categories.) 

Neither should have any effect on reconcile. The usual culprit for transactions not showing in the reconcile window is incorrect dates (or date format) being entered either for the transaction, or the dates in the reconcile window. (The most common I see is using a two digit year instead of four (i.e., use YYYY) Examine both.
  • KonaKona Member
    Sorry, I have a very basic knowledge of all this, which has been all I've needed until now. I've never assigned tags. The dates are all duplicated and in the same format 00/00/0000 in looking at my checking account and then which I click on reconcile. But the blue dot is missing on some entries so there's always a difference when I attempt to reconcile.
  • John_in_NCJohn_in_NC SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problem-we all were new to this at one time.

This isn't an answer, but maybe the following will help get you pointed in the right direction:

Those icons deal with download status and if you have reviewed them. Here is what they mean from the help file:

Note: Once you "review" a transaction (from any of the above status), no icon appears. (You mark a transaction as reviewed by clicking on the icon.) )So, it sounds like you have a mixture of downloaded transactions and and reviewed ones. Does this sound correct?

The above does not affect whether or not they show up in the reconcile window: the Cleared status (and ending date of reconcile period) does. (Only uncleared and cleared transactions show up in the reconcile window. Reconciled transactions do not.) When you are in the actual register, you can click on Columns at the lower right to make sure the "Clr" column is checked. This is the cleared column icon meanings:

As a fellow user, it is very difficult to assist with a reconcile as only you are there and know your actual transactions. You will have to examine to see if you have duplicates, if the transactions that won't display in the reconcile window are already reconciled, etc.