Add Historical Foreign Exchange (.HCX) File for Multicurrency for the Quicken US Version

Quicken CAD version of the software at one point had a price file similar to stock/fund price file that had historical foreign exchange prices (.HCX file).

This served to value the overall Net Worth of a multi-currency household on a daily basis as part of a One Step Update, and tracking historically the value over time. The file would hold prices similar to any historical stock price, and currency conversion would be applied to those accounts historically using those prices.

Since this currently exists in the Q code universe, it would be a solid addition in functionality for both Investments and multi-currency households.
Quicken user since 1994.
Quicken Forum/Community Contributor since 2005.
6 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello All,

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the Age of the request and lack of User Votes/Comments, will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to Add your Vote and a comment explaining how this Idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

~~~***~~~
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Pre-covid, my wife & I traveled internationally every year.  Being able to track expenses in actual foreign currency (converted to USD) would be helpful
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Recording the exchange rates is just the tip of the iceberg.  Quicken US lacks several of the multiple currency features that the Canadian version has.

Reports of course would have to change, but it is even more than that, for instance in the US version you can only import a QFX file in USD, whereas in the Canadian version is can be in any supported currency.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • YingDave
    YingDave Member ✭✭✭✭
    I believe the HCX file still exists in CAD version and is zipped up together into your single QDF file with all the other individual files ~5 of. Posted elsewhere on this community board somewhere..?