Can default category groups be edited?

I have default category groups which appear in the "Tools - Category List" window that can't be removed nor edited. There are four groups, but the two problem ones are named "Rental Property Expenses" and "Rental Property Income". I am not sure how they became defaults but I suspect it happened when I had a previous "rental Property" version of Quicken. (I now use the "starter edition") Anyway, these two left over default groups now do not contain the proper categories and I would like to edit them to update them with many of my new rental related categories, but Quicken does not seem to allow editing of default category Groups.

So the question is, is it possible to edit DEFAULT groups (ones that I assume that Quicken creates when you create a database) that appear in the main "Category List"? (I know that I can create new groups within a budget, but I would like to edit the main default groups also)

Thanks

Using Quicken 2020, ver R23.17 "Starter Edition" on Windows 10

Comments

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @mark225

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

I tested in my copy of Quicken 2020 Starter Edition and was able to successfully edit both the default category groups, such as the Rental Property Expenses/Income groups as well as custom created category groups.

May I ask, what steps are you taking to edit the category groups?

Are you receiving any type of error when attempting to edit the groups?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah