Bug while trying to reconcile an asset account

Quicken 2017 Premiere does not have a feature for reconciling asset accounts. However, one can manually reconcile an account. I have more than one asset account to track certain items, including our FSA. Recently, when I attempted to reconcile these accounts manually (meaning, I simply clicked in the field to change it from not reconciled to reconciled as a means of keeping track when comparing with a report), i found the balances in other accounts changing, depending on which asset account I was working in. I did a call and screenshare with Quicken Support, advising them I had found a bug, and the rep confirmed he saw what I saw. However, he says he checked with others and there is no bug. As I pointed out to him, that means there is no "known" bug.

I asked why I would upgrade to the latest version unless they could confirm it was a known bug and that it has been fixed? He understood my point of view and said it would be escalated. I will update this when I hear more.

In the meantime, if you have a subscription and the latest version of Quicken and can either confirm this is fixed in it or replicate it and confirm it is not, I'd love to hear.

Comments

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the subscription version.  In a test file I manually entered R and I did not notice changes to other accounts.  I also did a CTL R.  That brings up a dialog box to update the balance,  not a list of transactions as in a bank account.  I entered the existing balance as the update amount and it adds a 0 adjustment amount with the balance 
    and an R in the reconciled field.

You may be better using a bank account type for your FSA.
    Quicken Premier Subscription, Windows 10 Home
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recently, when I attempted to reconcile these accounts manually (meaning, I simply clicked in the field to change it from not reconciled to reconciled as a means of keeping track when comparing with a report), i found the balances in other accounts changing, depending on which asset account I was working in. I did a call and screenshare with Quicken Support, advising them I had found a bug, and the rep confirmed he saw what I saw. However, he says he checked with others and there is no bug. As I pointed out to him, that means there is no "known" bug.
    What it really means is that you have a bug of your own. You can name it if you want.
    If reconciling a transaction in one account is changing the balance of another account, you are suffering from data corruption. Save away a copy of your data file as is in case Quicken wants to see it at some point. Then follow the usual trouble-shooting procedures and see whether they help.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
This discussion has been closed.