Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Anyone else having problems with Quicken crashing on One Step Update?

Quicken crashes when attempting to use One Step Update when internet connection is not active. Afterward it will continue to crash for some period of time whenever attempting to download transactions, or access One Step Update.
Tagged:

Comments

• thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R29.12 USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.5 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 20221.1000
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19041.508

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• bspinzigbspinzig Member ✭✭
    I'm connected to the internet via my home wifi. I'm using Quicken subscription, current version is R23.17. I've been experiencing this problem for many months, and across multiple versions.
    Sometimes when I start up laptop it doesn't automatically connect to the network (despite connect automatically checkbox). Anyway, if I don't notice this issue before attempting Quicken One Step Update, Quicken will crash. Any subsequent attempts will also crash when "Enter Quicken ID/Password" dialog box is displayed. Crash happens before control is given to keyboard. No what I try this keeps happening with anything that attempts to communicate with Quicken server. The only thing that seems to work is to wait for while. I'm assuming that some session is hung and eventually times out.
    Hi @bspinzig ,

Is the Network Access Icon, shown on the viewable portion of the Notification Area near the clock or is it hidden from view?

I would check the Wi-Fi Connection prior to running Quicken. Run Quicken after being connected to the Internet,
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R29.12 USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.5 USA

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• bspinzigbspinzig Member ✭✭
    Yes, I try to make sure network is connect before running Quicken. On the other hand, no application should not CRASH just because no network connection is available. Also, after crashing, it should not continue to do so for hours afterwards. Quicken need to address this deficiency.
    Hi @bspinzig ,

Try creating a Brand New Quicken Data File, with very little in there and restart the computer and try to duplicate the conditions, where it crashes, to see if it still crashes.

If it doesn't try Validate and Repair on the original Data File.