Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How do I export my Brokerage Account Data from an existing file for import to a new file?

I've been working with my existing Quicken file for almost 8 years ... it's been through multiple year ends and upgrades. The file has issues - it's slow to load, it has "stuck flags" telling me that there are transactions to be imported to multiple accounts - yet these transactions cannot by displayed - and all transactions are present and accounted for. It has "crashed" more in the past 3 months than in past 8 years. The File Validation and Repair Utility executes successfully - yet the issues persist. The financial institutions associated with several of my "online activated" accounts have released improved web banking communication methods, etc. It's time for me to "start over" - create a new file and load it with my current data. With Year End coming up - now is the time to take care of this.

I know what I need to do - with all accounts EXCEPT my brokerage accounts. Is there a way to export my brokerage account data (transactions, history, lot info, etc.) from my existing account and subsequently imported into the new file?

Best Answer

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Have you tried the - File --> File Operations --> Copy -
    to create a total "copy" of your file.
    This appears to function differently than the File Validation,
    in that it picks up each record and writes it to a new file... 
    Would be interesting to try - and see if any errors are reported during the copying process, and also to see if, upon opening the new copy, if some of your probs are resolved.

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.