Drop Down Memory List - Needs Modification

This has been bugging me for awhile.

Been using Quicken for years. Anyways, on the memory list when one starts to type and the drop down list continues to update is a little bizarre.

1. If I type 1 char it puts the current highlighted drop box selection at bottom of list.
2. when I type 2nd char it puts the current highlighted drop box selection at bottom of list.
3. Only when I get to the 3rd char does it move the current highlighted selection to top of list.

I think I have create duplicates because I keep setting up new ones because the selection is not correct. So I add another one not knowing there are more below the list and it goes on and on and I see I need to fix a large amount of memory transactions. If it were at the top, I can see there may be other choices to select, which I would not see after typing 1 or 2 chars because they are hidden.
Tagged:
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I complained about this before and wasn't address.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    can you tell me which selection list exactly you are having issues with?
    In my Q 2020, when I start a new banking transaction in my register, I get a Payee Name selection list, 12 lines long, fully populated with entries beginning at "A". Typing "K" as first letter of my desired Payee Name, the list scrolls to show the first three payees beginning with "K" at the bottom of the list. Typing an "a", the list scrolls to show more "Ka" payees. Continuing to the 3rd letter of the payee name, "Kai" shows a whole list of payee names all beginning with "Kai". This works perfectly for me to select for my medical expense needs, Kaiser - Doctor, Kaiser - Lab, etc.
    Other selection lists work differently, e.g., the Category selection presents categories containing the character string you typed: all categories containing "m", then "me", then "med" until a selection of "medical" categories is on screen.

By the way, have you made sure that all preference settings pertaining to memorization, recall and use of memorized transactions are enabled?
    Look in Edit / Preferences / Data Entry & Quickfill.
  • BRETTBBRETTB Member ✭✭
    Thanks

Just to let others know, I have went thought my memorized list and started to clean up and consolidate which seems to make situation better.