Trouble Printing Checks

For years I have printed checks using the rear tray. Today for the 1st time the print check setup had changed my selection to automatic & printed checks from the standard tray. I changed the setup back to rear tray, printed 1 check successfully; then printed the last 2 checks & they printed on blank paper from the standard tray. The setup had changed back to automatic. I validated w/o errors but the same thing happened again. I cannot maintain the rear tray selection. Several more validations w/o errors, same problem.
Any ideas???
Tagged:

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken version? Printer make and model? You haven't given us any information.
    With my HP OfficeJet 8600, I find I have to specify Tray 2 in 3, count 'em, 3 locations to get checks to print from the right tray.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not all Quicken settings are memorized within the Quicken data file. Many of them are in a number of external .INI, .CFG, .DAT, etc. files.
    If Quicken fails to save configuration changes check if Windows Defender feature Ransomware protection is now enabled.

If so, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7857675/faq-windows-defender-controlled-folder-access

• PSJCal
    PSJCal Member ✭✭
    I did neglect to give info. Qkn 2020 r23.17, printer Canon 8200 series.

Qkn has remembered this setting since I started printing checks (am now at chk 10500+) only needing to be changed w/new printers. Have had this computer since 11/2018. I did check the printer/print checks setup & discovered the rear tray that I had used for years had changed to automatic, changed back to rear tray, printed 1 check, when I went to print last 2 checks the setup had changed back to automatic, changed to rear tray, printed, rechecked setup had reverted to automatic! It obviously "remembered" to print from rear tray immediately after changing but once the check(s) are printed immediately reverts to default. This is NEW behavior.
  • PSJCal
    PSJCal Member ✭✭
    BTW the printer is older than the computer.