Transactions not downloading for Amazon Synchrony

Hi all,

Since the beginning of December, my Amazon Synchrony transactions will not download. No error message, just nothing downloads. All of my other accounts are working fine. I did chat support yesterday and he had me deactivate and reactivate that account. It then downloaded everything for 3 months and had a TON of duplicates. Today, it is still not downloading and I double checked my account online and there are new posted transactions waiting to be downloaded.

Any ideas? I get nervous I am going to miss a transaction if I cannot match it via downloads.

I am using Quicken 2020, version R23.17.

Thank you!

Comments

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @meeka85

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

There a many reasons why transactions could fail to appear after updating accounts.  If you haven't already, I would recommend reviewing the information and steps available here and let us know if this helps to resolve the missing transactions.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • meeka85
    meeka85 Member ✭✭
    Hi Sarah,

Unfortunately these steps didn’t work. It seems Quicken will only download the new transactions if I disconcert web connect and reset it. Unfortunately this isn’t feasible as it downloads everything from the past 90 days as well. I’m not sure where to go from here.
  • Pat H
    Pat H Member ✭✭
    Meeka85, I've have the same trouble for over a month. You can manually sign into your Amazon Synchrony account, click on ACTIVITY, go to the bottom of the page, and manually download transactions since your last statement to Quicken. After you have downloaded, click on the download box (in the lower left corner of the screen if you are using Windows), and the data will automatically transfer into Quicken. I had to figure this out for myself. Hope it helps you!
  • James J
    James J Member ✭✭
    I am experiencing the same problem as the OP. @Pat H that isn't working. I have always downloaded fro Synchrony in the way you are describing, but today it's not working. I get no error, it's just as if I have no transactions (i have many transactions, it is Christmas!).

I just tried to download transactions for my Lowe's credit card, which also uses Syncrhony, and I get the exact same problem.
  • James J
    James J Member ✭✭
    I have Syncrhrony for both my Amazon and Lowes credit cards. Normally, once a week, I log onto those sites, click ACTIVITY, then download a Quicken file, then import that into Quicken. Boom, done. Easy enough, even if not quite as automated as it is for every other major financial institution.

Today, the download from Synchrony did not work for either Amazon or Lowes. I get no error messages, it *appears* to work, but it's like the Quicken file generated by Syncrhony is just empty.

And of course, it being Christmas season, I most certainly have transactions to download.

So . . . . . how does this get fixed?
  • James J
    James J Member ✭✭
    I just tried both Synchrony sites again. This time Lowes worked, but Amazon still did not. I tried downloading from the Amazon Synchrony site a CVS file, and sure enough it shows a list of transactions. Amazon's Synchrony is not, however, giving me that info in a Quicken file. Does it have anything to do with the fact I'm using Quicken 2017?
  • meeka85
    meeka85 Member ✭✭
    I started working for me again, yay! I have the 2020 version. I wonder if you'll have to do what I did and disconnect/reconnect the account. You'll have to go through a bunch of duplicated transactions, but then hopefully in a couple days it'll start downloading again.
This discussion has been closed.