Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

WIndows sizing problem still exists

leishirsute
leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
I'm on Quicken Deluxe 2020 R23.17 Build 27.1.23.17
Sometimes Quicken opens in a small window, then I resize it and exit and restart and sometimes Quicken "remembers" the last window size and other times it doesn't.  No fixed pattern that I can see.
However, I stopped Quicken and change the window size parameters in the quser.ini file like some of the post here suggested only to have Quicken overwrite the settings with a small window size once started.
So, Quicken still has buggy window size behavior.

Any suggestions how to fix this so that Quicken remembers the last window size set every time?
Quicken Deluxe Subscription; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you aren't already, I suggest you click on the X in the application's title bar when you exit Quicken.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    I will do that.  I don't always exit by clicking on the X.  Hopefully, that is the workaround.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:
    If you aren't already, I suggest you click on the X in the application's title bar when you exit Quicken.
    This works most of the time. Every now and then the window opens as a small size.  It seems to be dependent on the position on the screen.  Very strange.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    I think I've discerned a pattern to this problem. If I use Sherlock's suggestion, the problem appears to be resolved until the next reboot of the PC.  Strange.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I've discerned a pattern to this problem. If I use Sherlock's suggestion, the problem appears to be resolved until the next reboot of the PC.  Strange.
    Quicken attempts to maintain the last size and position of the window in the QUSER.INI file within the user's hidden AppData\Roaming\Quicken\config folder.  The working theory behind the use of the X is that some of the other program exit paths may not save a change.  

If you're seeing an issue on reboot after a using the X to exit Quicken, I suspect there is some else going on in your environment.  Are you perhaps attempting to maintain the environment over a network?
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    " Are you perhaps attempting to maintain the environment over a network? "
    I chatted with Quicken support and they said to phone the problem in since they have seen several posts on the community about this.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    " Are you perhaps attempting to maintain the environment over a network? "
    I chatted with Quicken support and they said to phone the problem in since they have seen several posts on the community about this.
    Is that a yes?
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    "Is that a yes? "
    Sorry, I lost track of my answer.  That is a no.
    I'll call support later and discuss.
    It's not a major issue.
This discussion has been closed.