Home Quicken for Mac Errors and Troubleshooting (Mac)

"HTTP 500" Errors

Since Wednesday 12/11/19 I have been receiving "HTTP 500" errors when attempting to sync with SunTrust bank. My connection is setup as Direct Connect because I have bill-pay through my bank, AFAIK bill-pay does not work with any form of Quicken Connect.

I first called SunTrust about the problem and they said that they are not aware of any problems on their end, they see connections from my id, they don't see any errors, as far as they are concerned everything is fine.

I then called Quicken support on 12/12 and told that this was a "known issue" and that "the dev team is working on it". The gentleman on the phone also told me that this was impacting multiple banks and multiple customers, not just me and SunTrust. I asked why there was not an alert posted here on the community and he said that "they were working on that". As of this morning Friday 12/13, I still don't see anything posted here to address this despite the fact that I see multiple other postings from users which appear to be the same problem. This is very confusing to me - I am not sure why it would be difficult to post an alert about a known issue to communicate with your customers and to let them know what you are doing to resolve it.

Looking in the logs I see that this HTTP 500 response is coming back from https://www.oasis.cfree.com/test.npcp as:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Draft//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Error 500--Internal Server Error</TITLE>
<META NAME="GENERATOR" CONTENT="WebLogic Server">
</HEAD>
<BODY bgcolor="white">
<FONT FACE=Helvetica><BR CLEAR=all>
<TABLE border=0 cellspacing=5><TR><TD><BR CLEAR=all>
<FONT FACE="Helvetica" COLOR="black" SIZE="3"><H2>Error 500--Internal Server Error</H2>
</FONT></TD></TR>
</TABLE>
<TABLE border=0 width=100% cellpadding=10><TR><TD VALIGN=top WIDTH=100% BGCOLOR=white><FONT FACE="Courier New"><FONT FACE="Helvetica" SIZE="3"><H3>From RFC 2068 <i>Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1</i>:</H3>
</FONT><FONT FACE="Helvetica" SIZE="3"><H4>10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error</H4>
</FONT><P><FONT FACE="Courier New">The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.</FONT></P>
</FONT></TD></TR>
</TABLE>

</BODY>
</HTML>

It should would be great to hear something from Quicken about this and to have some information on when we can expect this to be resolved. Right now I have bill-pay transactions which I cannot send and banking transactions which I cannot download.

Best Answer

• Accepted Answer
    Hello All,

This issue has been resolved internally, however to resolve this error in Quicken and restore account downloads/bill payment instructions, Users will first need to perform a refresh of the Financial Institution branding and profile information to resolve this error.

To refresh the Financial Institution branding and profile information, please visit https://www.quicken.com/support/what-do-if-my-bank-not-listed-quicken-or-if-my-bank-was-recently-added-quicken and follow the instructions for Quicken for Mac.

We appreciate your patience while this issue has been under investigation and if errors persist after performing the branding/profile refresh, please start a new post in the Community to report the details.

Thank you!

Answers

• Direct connect is not working for Union bank. I can't download or pay bills . It started on 12/10. Anyone having a similar problem
  • vballfamvballfam Member ✭✭
    I am a long time user of both Quicken and Direct connect bill pay with US Bank. Was getting the HTTP-500 error last night. Tried resetting all my information and am now getting a general 'Quicken cannot communicate with US Bank PFM Direct Connect'. I spent all morning on the phone with US Bank tech support (no luck). It could take up to 3 business days to get the next level of support to reach out (via email of all things).

Is anyone having an issue? Any tips?
  • rgreeniwargreeniwa Member ✭✭
    I'm suddenly getting an
    http 500 error when trying to pay a bill through US Bank. Nothing has change in my account & this has been going on for 2 days. Please advise how to fix.
  • Following
  • Matt ComerMatt Comer Member ✭✭
    I just called support about the same error but with Suntrust bank. They told me that this is a "known issue" that the development team is actively working on. I am searching around here to find an alert or something which addresses this but don't see anything which is very clear...
    > @"Matt Comer" said:
    > I just called support about the same error but with Suntrust bank. They told me that this is a "known issue" that the development team is actively working on. I am searching around here to find an alert or something which addresses this but don't see anything which is very clear...

Thanks for posting this. What's weird is that I don't think there was any version update recently where this 'broke' - It just started happening yesterday out of the blue...
    I just spoke to support about the same HTTP-500 error with Suntrust bank and they told me that this is a known issue they are working on, involving multiple banks. Oddly, I can't seem to find an alert here which announces this. Seems like it might save them a lot of support calls if they would post something...
    I think this is something broken server-side on their OFX server. If you look in the logs the HTTP 500 error is coming back from https://www.oasis.cfree.com/test.npcp
    Per the logs, this HTTP 500 response is coming back from https://www.oasis.cfree.com/test.npcp
    Thanks! Yes, if it was an issue across banks, I thought I would see something here... My bank seemed clueless! I was getting the HTTP-500 error first... Then I jacked around with everything and when trying to set it back up am getting a more generic connection error. Hopefully it will be solved soon and/or someone from Quicken will post something.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited December 2019
    Hello @jmbaron16

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your question, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you are still needing assistance with download errors with Union Bank in Quicken, please take a moment and review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using.

Please also let us know the exact error number and message that you are receiving.  The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • rglogaurglogau Member
    I've got the same problem. Premier 2020 Mac, ver 5.13.3, OS X 10.11.6
    On the phone with both quicken support and Union Bank. They basically point the finger at each other (helpful). I sent a pay transaction this morning which the software believes to have been sent but not verified by a download from the bank. So the transaction is marked "waiting" in the register, can not be deleted (since it's a pending transaction according to the error message), and the software package will not accept or send any new transactions. When I went into settings to deactivate the downloads and reactivate, the software gives me the error about wrong ID and password. I even had Union Bank reset the online banking password but still no luck. A real nightmare.
  • jerryljjerrylj Member
    I've been having the same problem except that the first transmission error occurred on Dec 7. The error codes are: "Partial Download (500)" and "HTTP-500 Error from Union Bank - Quicken". There is a Retry button in Quicken which does nothing. I am using Quicken Premier Mac Version 5.13.3.
  • I continue to get an error the last 2 days with US Bank PFM Direct Connect. It has been working perfectly up until 2 days ago. Now keep getting http-500 Error from U.S. Bank - PFM Direct Connect.
  • Same issue with US Bank via PFM Direct Connect and download error (500) - other . Last successful update was 12/10/19. Other financial and credit cards are working.
    MacOS 10.14.6, Macbook Pro Mid 2014
    Quicken for MAC 2017 Version 4.8.5 (Build 48.20176.100)

The issue started 12/11 PM

Any updates?
    Standard cannot communicate error message. I am getting it this way because I changed the account to Quicken Connect during my debugging and am now trying to change back to Direct Connect to pay bills.
    Re-posting a little snippet from my first post above in hopes that someone from Quicken might see it and respond:

As of this morning Friday 12/13, I still don't see anything posted here to address this despite the fact that I see multiple other postings from users which appear to be the same problem. This is very confusing to me - I am not sure why it would be difficult to post an alert about a known issue to communicate with your customers and to let them know what you are doing to resolve it.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this error to the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

A HTTP-500 error can be generated for a number of reasons, but typically it is generated due to transaction/bill payment data that cannot be read/processed correctly or an error in the servers.

To better understand the root cause of this error and the correct steps to troubleshoot it, a review of your Quicken Log Files is necessary.

The Log Files detail the internal communications between Quicken and the Financial Institution and most often contain more information than the in-product error message.

Please contact Quicken Support and reference Alert 7230621 for further assistance with troubleshooting this error.

Thank you,

Sarah
    @Quicken Sarah I already contacted support and was told that this is a known issue impacting multiple users and banks. Are you saying that this is not correct?
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    @Quicken Sarah I already contacted support and was told that this is a known issue impacting multiple users and banks. Are you saying that this is not correct?
    Hello @Matt Comer

This is an emerging issue that we are currently investigating, however, our Teams need more information to determine the root cause and what the resolution steps are.

In your contact with Support, were your Quicken Log files requested and reviewed by a member of our Support Team?

If so, may I have the case number for that contact?

If not, I recommend reaching out to Support once again, referencing "Alert 723062", so we can gather the additional information necessary to investigate this matter further.

Thank you,

Sarah

• TomH1000TomH1000 Member
    I am having the same problem with Quicken 2017 with Suntrust Bank. It was working fine on 12-06-19. Then there was an update which seem to cause this issue.
  • skburgerskburger Member ✭✭
    This is still a problem this morning with US Bank Direct Connect.
  • dcornuttdcornutt Member
    Same problem since 12/10 at Suntrust with -500 server error. Hopefully it will get fixed soon. I am using direct connect.
    Ok, after a loooooong chat session which included resets, new files, restores, connection attempts, log uploads, and hours and hours - support has escalated this issue supposedly.

If I had the time to dig into the OFX spec I could probably make some sense of the below which is where the error is occurring. You can see that Quicken is making some OFX request which is then generating some low-level internal server error on the OFX server.

--
    2019-12-13 20:50:35 +0000: Request to:https://www.oasis.cfree.com/test.npcp (BID 2801)

2019-12-13 20:50:35 +0000: Request to: https://www.oasis.cfree.com/test.npcp (BID 2801)

2019-12-13 20:50:35 +0000: Full request body string:
    OFXHEADER:100
    DATA:OFXSGML
    VERSION:102
    SECURITY:NONE
    ENCODING:USASCII
    CHARSET:1252
    COMPRESSION:NONE
    OLDFILEUID:58A5C236-7292-4217-B7F8-86081FD15F0D
    NEWFILEUID:70083D4C-1116-4EE8-B18F-799DEB84C3C4

<OFX>
    <SIGNONMSGSRQV1>
    <SONRQ>
    <DTCLIENT>20191213155035.067[-5:EST]
    <USERID>XXXX
    <USERPASS>XXXXXX
    <GENUSERKEY>N
    <LANGUAGE>ENG
    <FI>
    <ORG>ISC
    <FID>2801
    </FI>
    <APPID>QMOFX
    <APPVER>2300
    </SONRQ>
    </SIGNONMSGSRQV1>
    <BANKMSGSRQV1>
    <BANKMAILSYNCRQ>
    <TOKEN>0
    <REJECTIFMISSING>N
    <INCIMAGES>N
    <USEHTML>N
    <BANKACCTFROM>
    <BANKID>051000020
    <ACCTID>XXXX6424
    <ACCTTYPE>CHECKING
    </BANKACCTFROM>
    </BANKMAILSYNCRQ>
    <INTRASYNCRQ>
    <TOKEN>0
    <REJECTIFMISSING>N
    <BANKACCTFROM>
    <BANKID>051000020
    <ACCTID>XXXX6424
    <ACCTTYPE>CHECKING
    </BANKACCTFROM>
    </INTRASYNCRQ>
    </BANKMSGSRQV1>
    <BILLPAYMSGSRQV1>
    <PAYEESYNCRQ>
    <TOKEN>A8FPX78TM2
    <REJECTIFMISSING>N
    </PAYEESYNCRQ>
    <PMTSYNCRQ>
    <TOKEN>ACI6DJN1DV
    <REJECTIFMISSING>N
    <BANKACCTFROM>
    <BANKID>051000020
    <ACCTID>XXXX6424
    <ACCTTYPE>CHECKING
    </BANKACCTFROM>
    </PMTSYNCRQ>
    <PMTMAILSYNCRQ>
    <TOKEN>0
    <REJECTIFMISSING>N
    <INCIMAGES>N
    <USEHTML>N
    </PMTMAILSYNCRQ>
    </BILLPAYMSGSRQV1>
    <EMAILMSGSRQV1>
    <MAILSYNCRQ>
    <TOKEN>0
    <REJECTIFMISSING>N
    <INCIMAGES>N
    <USEHTML>N
    </MAILSYNCRQ>
    </EMAILMSGSRQV1>
    </OFX>

2019-12-13 20:50:35 +0000: Response from https://www.oasis.cfree.com/test.npcp (BID 2801)

2019-12-13 20:50:35 +0000: Response encoding: utf-8, length: 883, MIME type: text/html, and statusCode: 500

2019-12-13 20:50:35 +0000: HTTP error 500 from server:
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Draft//EN”>
    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <TITLE>Error 500–Internal Server Error</TITLE>
    <META NAME=“GENERATOR” CONTENT=“WebLogic Server”>
    </HEAD>
    <BODY bgcolor=“white”>
    <FONT FACE=Helvetica><BR CLEAR=all>
    <TABLE border=0 cellspacing=5><TR><TD><BR CLEAR=all>
    <FONT FACE=“Helvetica” COLOR=“black” SIZE=“3”><H2>Error 500–Internal Server Error</H2>
    </FONT></TD></TR>
    </TABLE>
    <TABLE border=0 width=100% cellpadding=10><TR><TD VALIGN=top WIDTH=100% BGCOLOR=white><FONT FACE=“Courier New”><FONT FACE=“Helvetica” SIZE=“3”><H3>From RFC 2068 <i>Hypertext Transfer Protocol – HTTP/1.1</i>:</H3>
    </FONT><FONT FACE=“Helvetica” SIZE=“3”><H4>10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error</H4>
    </FONT><P><FONT FACE=“Courier New”>The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.</FONT></P>
    </FONT></TD></TR>
    </TABLE>

</BODY>
    </HTML>

2019-12-13 20:50:35 +0000: ==== End Update ====
  • BrianH21BrianH21 Member
    Your post rings familiar with me. I am unable to Direct Connect to Union Bank - Quicken. I have spent many hours with Quicken Support and my bank on this issue, each of whom points the finger at the other. I receive an HTTP 500 error, which is a failure to successfully ID and authenticate myself. I believe the bank, however, because the bank claims that no connection attempt is ever made. The issue was escalated to "EWC", whose identity I could never determine. I was not given a date as you were. I am a Quicken for Mac user, and I believe this all started around the time I updated the Quicken software to 5.13.3, IDed as Quicken 2020. I was never informed of a "release pushed" to a bank or Quicken.
  • For the record, I'm having the same problem with U.S. Bank, PFM Direct Connect. I last downloaded transactions on 12/4. I don't know exactly when the issue started for me: some time between today (12/14) and 12/4. I'm using Quicken for Mac 2020 Premier, Version 5.13.3 (Build 513.30586.100), macOS 10.15.1. Will report to Quicken Support.
  • SystemSystem Member ✭✭✭
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Quicken for Mac not connecting with my US Bank accounts.
  • I am also having the same issue with U.S. Bank PFM Direct Connect. I have Quicken for Mac Premier 2020, Version 5.13.3 (Build 513.30586.100, macOS 10.13.6.
This discussion has been closed.