Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Having trouble with one-step update (updated title)

Answers

• thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    [email protected]@VerbalK and others ,

See this FAQ: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

Quicken is designed to work with your Quicken Data File, located on your Internal Hard Drive within your computer and not within any folder that is constantly being monitor for changes.

The Data File does not need to be located within the operating system's partition or on the same Hard Drive. It can be located on another Hard Drive within the computer. I am thinking of Tower Computers and not Laptops.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R29.12 USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.5 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 20221.1000
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19041.508

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• RobertRobert Member ✭✭
    I've got the same issue with Citi Cards.
  • jrgaljrgal Member ✭✭
    Since one step was hanging getting quotes I deleted all stock quote updates from my one step setting (tedious). That allowed all my accounts to update. However if the account tries to update financial institution info it hung there.
  • Brad JohnsonBrad Johnson Member ✭✭
    Same problem Q2017, WIN 10. Can update each account one at a time.

I've been getting ready to update to the Quicken subscription, but now re-thinking that.
  • Bob@17[email protected] Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    EDIT wrong question asked and corrected.
    Last few days one step update hangs immediately after launch. What changed?
  • ObviousManObviousMan Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Quicken user since 1998. Currently on 2017 Deluxe R19.
    Last update - Wednesday - No issues.
    Today, over 2 hours for about 18 accounts. It seems most were taking forever, but not all.

Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Build 19041.1
    Quicken 2017 Deluxe R19
    USA

(Removed-Inaccurate/Speculation)
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Quicken crashes or terminates Backup file creation with a "File not backed up" error, something bad has happened to your active Quicken data file.

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• hpllchpllc Member ✭✭✭
    Same problem Q2017 Versino R19.7, Build 26.1.19.7, Win 10. Oddly enough it is only happening in one of three files. Attempted single account update at that works.
  • Bob32Bob32 Member ✭✭
    Having same issue with Quicken 2017 for Windows. Like others, single account update works.
  • kg8bg725kg8bg725 Member
    edited December 2019
    Yesterday my one steo in quicken 2017 stopped working and just freezes up. Now Quicken is worthless. Will purchasing Quicken H&B fix the one step freezing of my account update?

(Removed)
  • kg8bg725kg8bg725 Member
    One STEP
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Quicken 2017 and had a problem with OSU yesterday but it seems to be working fine today. Have you tried updating individual accounts one at a time?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should not purchase a newer version of Quicken in the hopes of fixing an issue. You will need to upgrade in April of 2020, but in the meantime, let's look at your issue.
    There have been numerous postings over the last two days regarding OSU not working or freezing. I suspect a Quicken server has hung and is preventing numerous, but not all users from performing updates. This is a temporary situation and will get corrected. For now you should go to each register that needs to be updated and select ⚙️ > Update Now. This should get you updated until OSU is back to working.

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 2004
  • whodiiniwhodiini Member
    OSU is hanging. The issue for me is that it is stuck on "processing" e.g. it has received the info from teh bank and cannot process the info. I tried doing OSU one account at a time and that works just fine. Then I combined all the accounts to do OSU with the entire list and then it hangs. It is definitely a Quicken issue
  • Yumla2Yumla2 Member
    Hello I am a Quicken user for 10+ years and have about 25 accounts linked for automatic download. Until last two days the one step update would take no more than 2 to 3 minutes. However, recently it has been taking about an hour to complete.

I tried downloading each account individually - hoping to find the culprit account, but strangely all account individually download in seconds. However when I try to do one step download (for all accounts together) it takes forever.

I also waited 3 days to file the issue - in case it was a Quicken back/end server issue for online quotes (as that is the only thing that gets added in one step update).

I am using version R19.7, Build 26.1.19.7

Thanks
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello Manoj Midha,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

Are you still experiencing this issue when attempting to update your accounts in Quicken?

Have you received any error messages at any time?

Let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • jctraugottjctraugott Member ✭✭
    Quicken_Tyka, there is something wrong with Quicken servers maybe. More than one person here has complained about this same problem, and I am having it too. I've been unable to use One Step Update to update my accounts since Friday 12/14. Yesterday I let it run for hours and nothing updated, just the circles circling endlessly. After several tries today it is now veeerry slooowly updating accounts. Taking about 15 minutes so far for a process that usually completes in a couple of minutes. Would you please open a ticket to your Level 2 technical team about One Step Update stalling and/or extremely sluggish?
    Many thanks.
  • DineshDinesh Member ✭✭
    For some reason, I am facing lot of these kind of issues lately. Don't know if it is Quicken or the banks updating their system.
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a guess here, but the security prices may be the issue. 
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 2004
  • I am experiencing the same problem, I am able to update my accounts one at a time, but cannot use the one step update. I eventually have to go to task manager and close the program, I have tried numerous times today and have rebooted, still no luck.
  • RobertRobert Member ✭✭
    > @GeoffG said:
    > Just a guess here, but the security prices may be the issue. 

I tried unchecking the box to update security prices as well as updating quicken.com, etc, but one-step still doesn't work. I can update all accounts individually, but not collectively. PITA.
  • echastain140echastain140 Member ✭✭
    same here - I can update individually, however, One Step is just hanging. Left it running for the entire day, had to force quit. Q17, W10, V19.7, Build 26.1.19.7
  • SMT2SMT2 Member ✭✭
    Having the same issue with OSU hanging since 12.13.2019, but able to update individual account without issue. In reading the responses, I notice one common pattern - based on the responses listed with Q version, they are all 2017. I am also running Q2017 / Win10. Is Quicken doing this on purpose to force us to upgrade now instead of waiting until April 2020? Anyone using Q2018 and beyond having this issue?
  • unblockunblock Member ✭✭
    this continues to be a problem. q17 hangs on one-step update.
    i validated files, some repairs were done but the problem persists.
    i unchecked update security prices, but the problem persists.
    i can updated accounts one at a time, though i am not about to test this for every last one of them.

q17 premier, version r19.7, build 26.1.19.7
    windows
  • SmoothieusaSmoothieusa Member ✭✭
    Have Q 2017 H&B running on Windows 10. OSU not working. hanging. Accounts won't update. Just spins. OSU worked a few days ago when last used but not today. No way to cancel OSU or close Quicken because all grayed out so end up closing Quicken by ending task in Task Manager. Not sure if shutting down Quicken this way is doing bad things but it's the only way for me to get OSU from hanging and to close Quicken program. One account says updating financial institution info, other accounts are just spinning circles, and OSU says updating fx rates. Is there a fix for OSU apparently hanging or just not working?
  • Marc AlbertMarc Albert Member ✭✭✭
    Same problem as the others. I wonder if anyone from Quicken Support reads these posts?
  • Jim557Jim557 Member
    Still an issue today. SMH
  • harleygj1harleygj1 Member ✭✭
    Having this same problem. By running OSU multiple times and eliminating accounts one at a time, I narrowed it down to biller updates. For some reason, OSU can't access one of the accounts there, but can access the same account for transaction updates. By not selecting biller updates, I can run OSU for all my accounts. It runs slower than normal, but does not stay on "waiting" anymore.
  • VerbalKVerbalK Member ✭✭
    Same problem. Any time I add a Chase account to the one step, it locks up.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

This discussion has been closed.