Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Having trouble with one-step update (updated title)

Answers

• Jim SJim S Member ✭✭
    > @edstoneb said:
    > Anyone have extremely slow downloads to their accounts? I download every morning and the last few days it has been EXTREMELY slow. Usually takes about 1-2 minutes for the six bank/credit card accounts. Now it is taking well over 15 minutes. Not my internet as all my other programs work fine.

I am having the same problem.
  • SMT2SMT2 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    @ceboom. The issue with “qcs-0500-or-http-0500-errors” affect folks with Quicken on Cloud version (Q2018 & beyond). The issue being discussed here affect folks that are using Quicken 2017 (Non Cloud version) – myself included. This product will become end of support in April 2020 – Download will stop working at that time. Sad! We will all have to upgrade to a Cloud (subscription) version.

(Removed-Speculation/Inaccurate) 

Just as what @unblock have uncovered, a good workaround is to perform multiple OSU download, each with a small subset of the accounts (at least this is faster than downloading one acct at a time). I have a total of 21 institutions to download within OSU. I break down into 3 groups and each OSU download completed very quickly. Just have to manually Uncheck / Check institutions to download each time.

Please note they are two types of Connection Methods for each account - Direct Connect (DC) & Express Web Connect (EWC). [To see Connection Method: Right click on an Account -> Select Add/Delete Account -> Click Online Service tag]. Based on my testing, account with DC takes the longest time (slowest), especially when there are too many DC accounts in an OSU download group. I was able to download with 7 DC accounts in one OSU group, but decided to reduce to 4. It performs faster with 4 or less.

I didn’t find any limitation (in my situation) with EWC account in an OSU download group. EWC account seems to download very quickly as soon as DC accounts completed. It is the DC account that is holding everything back.

I hope you find this info helpful as a short-term workaround. Good Luck!
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Q product are you running?  What BUILD of Q?  When is your Membership Valid Thru?  Do HELP, About Quicken to get these answers and post back with the info.
    Also, can you download your accounts one at a time (from within the account) to try to isolate the issue?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Jim SJim S Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    > @SMT2 said:
    > @ceboom. The issue with “qcs-0500-or-http-0500-errors” affect folks with Quicken on Cloud version (Q2018 & beyond). The issue being discussed here affect folks that are using Quicken 2017 (Non Cloud version) – myself included. This product will become end of support in April 2020 – Download will stop working at that time. Sad! We will all have to upgrade to a Cloud (subscription) version.
    >

>
    > Just as what @unblock have uncovered, a good workaround is to perform multiple OSU download, each with a small subset of the accounts (at least this is faster than downloading one acct at a time). I have a total of 21 institutions to download within OSU. I break down into 3 groups and each OSU download completed very quickly. Just have to manually Uncheck / Check institutions to download each time.
    >
    > Please note they are two types of Connection Methods for each account - Direct Connect (DC) & Express Web Connect (EWC). [To see Connection Method: Right click on an Account -> Select Add/Delete Account -> Click Online Service tag]. Based on my testing, account with DC takes the longest time (slowest), especially when there are too many DC accounts in an OSU download group. I was able to download with 7 DC accounts in one OSU group, but decided to reduce to 4. It performs faster with 4 or less.
    >
    > I didn’t find any limitation (in my situation) with EWC account in an OSU download group. EWC account seems to download very quickly as soon as DC accounts completed. It is the DC account that is holding everything back.
    >
    > I hope you find this info helpful as a short-term workaround. Good Luck!
    >

> @SMT2 said:
    > @ceboom. The issue with “qcs-0500-or-http-0500-errors” affect folks with Quicken on Cloud version (Q2018 & beyond). The issue being discussed here affect folks that are using Quicken 2017 (Non Cloud version) – myself included. This product will become end of support in April 2020 – Download will stop working at that time. Sad! We will all have to upgrade to a Cloud (subscription) version.
    >
    > I don’t think there is any motivation for Quicken to fix the issue for this last group of folks that are still running non-Cloud (non-subscription) software. Just my opinion.
    >
    > Just as what @unblock have uncovered, a good workaround is to perform multiple OSU download, each with a small subset of the accounts (at least this is faster than downloading one acct at a time). I have a total of 21 institutions to download within OSU. I break down into 3 groups and each OSU download completed very quickly. Just have to manually Uncheck / Check institutions to download each time.
    >
    > Please note they are two types of Connection Methods for each account - Direct Connect (DC) & Express Web Connect (EWC). [To see Connection Method: Right click on an Account -> Select Add/Delete Account -> Click Online Service tag]. Based on my testing, account with DC takes the longest time (slowest), especially when there are too many DC accounts in an OSU download group. I was able to download with 7 DC accounts in one OSU group, but decided to reduce to 4. It performs faster with 4 or less.
    >
    > I didn’t find any limitation (in my situation) with EWC account in an OSU download group. EWC account seems to download very quickly as soon as DC accounts completed. It is the DC account that is holding everything back.
    >
    > I hope you find this info helpful as a short-term workaround. Good Luck!
    >

Thanks for your feedback, but I found that all of my accounts are EWC.
    Hopefully quicken will fix this, in the mean time I will update accounts individually until 4/30/2020 if I have to.
  • dntbolesdntboles Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    @NotACPA
    What Q product are you running?
    - Q 2017, v.R19.7, build 26.1.19.7, Win 10
    When is your Q Membership Valid thru?
    - N/A
    What BUILD of Q? Do HELP, About Quicken to answer these 3 questions.
    - build 26.1.19.7
    What EXACTLY happens when you try OSU?
    - Prompt for password, then starts to OSU. Financial Institutions all show waiting.... Quotes says Requesting... and it just stays like this.
    Do you get any error codes or messages?
    - No. It just stays at this screen forever, using 30+% of CPU, but never actually downloads anything, even after hours. The only way out is Ctrl-Alt-Del then End Task.
    Does it fail for ALL accounts? Or only some? Which, if some, does it fail on?W
    - OSU fails for ALL accounts.
    - Individually (using Tools, Online Center) I can download them one by one.
    Thank you for looking into this!
  • Fred6Fred6 Member ✭✭
    I am running Quicken 2019 Premier Ver. R19.7, Build 26.1.19.7
    When I click on OSU the program is no longer responding and the little circle just goes and goes until I use the task manager to terminate the program.
  • SMT2SMT2 Member ✭✭
    @Fred, The version you posted Ver. R19.7, Build 26.1.19.7 appears to be Q2017 and not Q2019. Can you please confirm. Look at Help -> About Quicken. Thank you.
  • CountScotulaCountScotula Member ✭✭
    I'm getting the same error mentioned in these threads when I try to import the QFX exports for my cash and investment Wealthfront accounts:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7865007/wells-fargo-error-cc-885
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7865008/web-connect-data-import-from-interactive-brokers-not-working
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7864759/foliofn-error-downloading-does-anyone-know-the-status-on-fixing-the-error

I tried chatting with Quicken support over the weekend, but I think it's all outsourced for triage and they suggested I chat during the week during regular business hours to get actual Quicken staff involved. (That's a hard time frame for me to do.)

I also contacted Wealthfront support on the off chance they changed something to the format of the files or somehow ended "Web Connect support" as the error suggests. They haven't and they never offered Web Connect; they only offer these QFX files for manual import.

Wealthfront support asked what version of Quicken I'm using and I told them it was Quicken for Mac version 5.13.3 (Build 513.30586.100). They said they don't have any problem importing QFX files on an earlier version of Quicken for Mac that they have installed.

It appears to be related to this latest version of the application. And I should add that this seems to have begun when I had the problem described in user thread:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20048539#Comment_20048539

and seems the same thing as this alert:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7864904/new-12-14-19-users-receiving-qcs-0500-or-http-0500-errors

I solved that issue by resetting my Quicken Cloud as described in the user thread. (Did that before I saw @Quicken_Natalie 's alert, sorry.)

Hoping Quicken staff can shed some light on this, as this all seems tied to the latest release.
  • EricKSEricKS Member ✭✭
    Let me add my problem to the list. Q2017 Home & Business VR19.7 Build 26.1.19.7 On Win7. All updates current. My problem started evening of 12/13. System hangs during OSU / no error message. Only way to exit is to force stop. Individual updates work, but kinda defeats the purpose of OSU.

I would suspect that this is not an individual instance problem since so many folks seemed to experience issues all at about the same time.
  • DRMickDRMick Member ✭✭
    2017 ever since I did update to r19.7 now one step update only works on one account at a time now. When I start it with the a number of accounts, It goes to the first bank on the list and never progresses past ' waiting'. Then it just hangs the quicken program so I have to use task manager to restart Quicken. When it goes to download transactions at a bank, why doesn't it time out if the bank does not respond?
  • xcracerxcracer Member
    Working for me now after failing since Dec 13. OSU would just hang, and I had to use task manager to kill the process.

Either,

1. Quicken corrected the problem on their servers or.
    2. The Windows 10 update, KB4530684 that was installed on 12/12 broke this. Today I tried to remove KB4530684, and it did not solve the problem. However, when I reinstalled it using the Windows update, i also got Win 10 version 1909. Once this update was installed I was able to use OSU and it would update all of my accounts.

Not sure if this was a coincidence, in that we have heard nothing from Quicken on this issue, or if it was a problem with the Windows 10 KB4530684 update.
    I would be curious to know if anyone else can try updating to Windows 10 version 1909 and see if it works for them.

Also, I tried all the typical stuff like validating the data file, using my latest backup (1 week old) none of that worked. I'm using Quicken 2017 Premier Release 19.7. There is nothing in the connection logs when this happens, just the OSU start, see below.

==== OSU Start (20191216/12:15:42) ====

==== OSU Start (20191216/13:10:55) ====

==== OSU Start (20191216/13:37:19) ====
  • dntbolesdntboles Member ✭✭
    I have had Win 10 v1909 since 14 Dec and still can't OSU properly.

I tried same things as you: backup, validate, super validate.
  • jctraugottjctraugott Member ✭✭
    Quicken Support, please take note: One Step Update has been running for 6 hours now and has updated zero of my accounts. I do not have a local problem, I know that I am configured correctly and using the program correctly, I have used Quicken and OSU for around two decades. Please, take steps to figure out what is going on.
  • Been having the same problem since around the 13th.
    I have tried all the steps mentioned earlier.
    I am using Quicken Home and Business Version: R19.7
    Build 26.1.19.7
  • MicheleMichele Member ✭✭
    After downloading the newest update to Quicken for windows, I can no longer download info. The program gets stuck on my American Express account and just circles and circles. Doesn't download or move to other accounts. HELP!
  • Having the same issue which started this morning for me - OSU fails but individual updates work. Ver R23.18 build 27.1.23.18.
  • Having the same issue - started this morning when I upgraded to R23.18.
  • Temporary workaround for me:
    I'm having the same issue. After updating Windows 10 to Feature Update 1909, I could start Quicken 2017 but One Step Update hangs. The window pops up but then just sits there forever, forcing me to use Task Manager to end the Quicken task. I'm using R19.7 Build 26.1.19.7.

I uninstalled 1909 and went back to 1903 and it is now working again.
  • Tom BernardiTom Bernardi Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Similar issue, will not update any of my accounts or quotes. Help!

My version is 23.17 and it says it is the latest release.

I have 2020 Quicken.
  • Same issue here. Can update individual accounts, but the overall OSU is not working. Another thread here with people on prior versions having the same issue. However, for me this just started on the upgrade to R23.18.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7864866/having-trouble-with-one-step-update-updated-title#latest
  • Tom YoungTom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I'm experiencing this today too.  Using subscription version R23.14.  Twice now I've had to kill the program using Task Manager after letting Quicken try to complete the process, giving it over 10 minutes each time.

I resorted to clicking "Update now"/"Update Transactions" through all my Accounts - 29 of them - and that worked.
    Someone reported that they had isolated Chase as the problem; I didn't have any problems with Chase though I did notice that it presented differently than any other login in OSU.

BTW, I've always thought there should be a way to close OSU short of killing the program.  Is there any reason why there isn't?
  • Nancy KeithNancy Keith Member ✭✭
    One step update just hangs and does not complete. This happened directly after updating the Quicken file.
  • JPWJPW Member ✭✭
    Without any changes to the Quicken software or Windows 10 (that I am aware of) my One Step Update stopped working this morning. It grinds on the first acct in list. I have to use Task Mgr to shut program down. Reinstalled Quicken but still same problem. Is this me or is there a general problem with One Step Updates that started today?
  • Dan10Dan10 Member ✭✭
    Exact same problem as Nancy Keith. Started this morning (12-17-19).
  • Same thing happened to me. I had to update each account separately. Please advise.
  • RGPCPA57RGPCPA57 Member
    My Quicken will not do the One Step Update. It has worked until about three days ago. Now, it just sits and does nothing.
  • GaryGary Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue starting today
  • MicheleMichele Member ✭✭
    I have just spent about 1.5 hours with chat support. No solution yet and i don't have time to continue. They seem to fail to believe the problem is with the update. Honestly....are there other software packages out there that do the same thing? I had a huge problem last time an update was downloaded and spent hours with support. This is unacceptable.
  • russomanorussomano Member ✭✭
    Same Issue
  • Dan10Dan10 Member ✭✭
    Exact same problem starting this morning (12-17-2019).
This discussion has been closed.