Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Having trouble with one-step update (updated title)

Answers

• tjpaonetjpaone Member
    I have the same problem....OSU will not update accounts.
  • Same problem here, but I was able to update each account individually.
  • I"m seeing the same thing exactly. What is going on here? What is the fix Quicken?
  • pdallen1970pdallen1970 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Quicken H&B 2019, R23.17 - crashed when closing last night and now, this morning, One Step Update fails. One Step Update starts and then just hangs with "waiting..." for every account. The only way out of this scenario is to use task manager to force close Quicken. I tried updating a couple of accounts one-at-a-time and that seems to work. But with 30+ accounts, it's not a great solution.
  • Exact same problem for 2 days now. I did not update the software.
  • GregRGregR Member
    edited December 2019
    I am having trouble, too. [removed - off-topic]  Several accounts will not download and it is now asking for the passwords. I try to enter, it asks again as if I did not load. When trying to deactivate and then reactivate (which solved problems in the past) one of the account errors when I reactivated was "the password must have at least four characters but not more than four characters". Isn't that the stupidest thing you have ever seen? [removed - rant/off-topic]
  • Yes, mine too. It locks up during One Step update of all my accounts. Then one of my accounts says 'Updating financial institution information' and locks up (left it for 30 minutes). There was a new Quicken update this morning, it was then that the problem started. Have to exit task from Windows task manager to get program to quit. I did notice when I update individual accounts from One Step, they all work, but I have to do it one at a time.
  • I am also experiencing the same issue beginning this morning with the latest version of the Quicken. Is there any update from someone from Quicken on this issue?
  • Also experiencing the problem with the latest 2020 version starting this morning. As noted only works doing one by one updates for each account. IS there a way to get the full screen of accounts to display so that some can be unchecked to test if a few will update in a single cycle? Has anyone from Quicken acknowledged the issue and commented yet?
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @All,

Thank you for taking the time to report the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

Our Product Teams are currently investigating this matter and recommend, in the meantime, updating accounts through the Account Register > Account Actions gear icon > Update Now

If you would like to receive updates and/or a resolution on this emerging issue as they become available, please "Bookmark" this thread by clicking the Yellow Star icon in the upper right corner.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Launching one step update hangs up. I can't download transactions manually by account either.
  • Brent MeyersBrent Meyers Member ✭✭
    After update this morning (Year; 2020, Ver: R 23.18, Build; 27.1.23.18) One Step Update locks up the computer, requiring a Cntl/Alt/Delete - task manager - end task to regain access to the computer. I have restarted the computer and the problem continues. I am able to download account data by selecting "update now" from the account information menu.

The update window progresses normally to the point where it is connecting. Only three items are active (indicators are moving) 'Quicken Cloud' (waiting), Quotes and Investment Information' (requesting) and 'Update Bills' (requesting). All others show no activity (waiting).

The problem seems to be centered around access to the Quicken Servers.
  • This did not work either. Still hangs up.

"Our Product Teams are currently investigating this matter and recommend, in the meantime, updating accounts through the Account Register > Account Actions gear icon > Update Now"
  • sinboo69sinboo69 Member
    Same problem here... Get this fixed!
  • JosephJoseph Member ✭✭
    Same issue here. I had to kill the program using the task manager after a half hour of waiting.
  • Bill SBill S Member ✭✭
    Same problem ~ started this morning by hanging up on American Express. I deselected the Account so that Bk of America would be the first on the list and everything worked until it got down to Quicken iCloud, which hung.
  • Jim SJim S Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Sarah said:
    > Hello @All,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to report the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.
    >
    > Our Product Teams are currently investigating this matter and recommend, in the meantime, updating accounts through the Account Register > Account Actions gear icon > Update Now
    >
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > If you would like to receive updates and/or a resolution on this emerging issue as they become available, please "Bookmark" this thread by clicking the Yellow Star icon in the upper right corner.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Sarah

The same problem started for me on 12/11/2019. Instead of updating one account at a time, I am able to update in groups. First I check 5 accounts, rub OSU, then 5 accounts run OSU, then 6 accounts run OSU. Each process took about 2 minutes. When I was updating all it took several hours. Looking forward to seeing this fixed. Thanks.
    Jim S
  • GibbyCJGibbyCJ Member ✭✭
    Same for me -- one account seemed to update, but it hangs on the remaining list (10+) institutions. I am on R 23.17
  • GibbyCJGibbyCJ Member ✭✭
    Same for me -- one account seemed to update, but it hangs on the remaining list (10+) institutions. I am on R 23.17
  • > The same problem started for me on 12/11/2019. Instead of updating one account at a time, I am able to update in groups. First I check 5 accounts, rub OSU, then 5 accounts run OSU, then 6 accounts run OSU. Each process took about 2 minutes. When I was updating all it took several hours. Looking forward to seeing this fixed. Thanks.
    > Jim S

Hi Jim. How are you bringing up the interface to select just 5 accounts? The only time I've ever seen that interface is if I try to do a One Step Update when I'm making a bill payment or something and it then brings up that interface where you can check/uncheck account.
  • Jim SJim S Member ✭✭
    Hi, When you get the OSU screen that prompts you for vault password, you will see a settings button, click it. This will give you a screen that will allow you to select just the accounts you want to download. then you can click download now.
  • steebadeebsteebadeeb Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Started Saturday for me 12/14/19. No OSU with 9 banks but they work individually. I did get Chase and Citi to work every time through OSU but as soon as I add another bank it just hangs.
    Home and Business 2017 for Windows Version 26.1.19.7
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because you had crashes or you were forced to kill Quicken with the Task Manager ...

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• The last two weeks I get asked to type characters from an image file that is unreadable, it is amazingly bad. I cannot update my accounts.
  • dntbolesdntboles Member ✭✭
    @[email protected]
    I removed Windows 1909 update and all other updates since 14 Dec (back to 1903), but still no luck. Glad to hear your OSU is working, though.
  • DanDan Member ✭✭
    I updated to R23.18 this morning and I have the same problem. Individual accounts will update but One Step Update opens but never moves. Had to use task manager to close it. Let it sit for 30 minutes and no change. It shows it running (it does not say Not Responding) and high memory usage in task manager. Mine was fine until the update this morning. Tried rebooting, etc. but problem persists.
  • Jim SJim S Member ✭✭
    > @hobiemountaincats said:
    > > The same problem started for me on 12/11/2019. Instead of updating one account at a time, I am able to update in groups. First I check 5 accounts, rub OSU, then 5 accounts run OSU, then 6 accounts run OSU. Each process took about 2 minutes. When I was updating all it took several hours. Looking forward to seeing this fixed. Thanks.
    > > Jim S
    >
    > Hi Jim. How are you bringing up the interface to select just 5 accounts? The only time I've ever seen that interface is if I try to do a One Step Update when I'm making a bill payment or something and it then brings up that interface where you can check/uncheck account.

Hi, When you get the OSU screen that prompts you for vault password, you will see a settings button, click it. This will give you a screen that will allow you to select just the accounts you want to download. then you can click download now.
  • I'm having an issue this morning with this hang. The only way to close Quicken is with task manager.
  • Troubleshooting 101- individual accounts update fine through quicken. One step update does not. One step update worked last Friday. Whatever changes occurred between then and now caused the problem for MANY users. Not only for 23.18 but also affected 23.17.
This discussion has been closed.