Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Having trouble with one-step update (updated title)

Answers

• > Hi, When you get the OSU screen that prompts you for vault password, you will see a settings button, click it. This will give you a screen that will allow you to select just the accounts you want to download. then you can click download now.

Thank you :) One last question please. After you do the first batch do you quit Quicken and repeat the process because once the vault password is provided it seems to remember it and then attempt to run the One Step Update again with no prompting to get to that Settings button.
  • Jim SJim S Member ✭✭
    > @hobiemountaincats said:
    > > Hi, When you get the OSU screen that prompts you for vault password, you will see a settings button, click it. This will give you a screen that will allow you to select just the accounts you want to download. then you can click download now.
    >
    > Thank you :) One last question please. After you do the first batch do you quit Quicken and repeat the process because once the vault password is provided it seems to remember it and then attempt to run the One Step Update again with no prompting to get to that Settings button.

Your welcome. After you do the first batch, no need to quit Quicken. After you close OSU summary screen start OSU again, before you click update now, click settings, then uncheck the boxes already done and check the new ones only. This way you can run multiple times without closing quicken or entering vault password again. Hope this helps.
  • Anders MartinsonAnders Martinson Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    > @Quicken Sarah said:
    > Hello @All,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to report the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.
    >
    > Our Product Teams are currently investigating this matter and recommend, in the meantime, updating accounts through the Account Register > Account Actions gear icon > Update Now
    >
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > If you would like to receive updates and/or a resolution on this emerging issue as they become available, please "Bookmark" this thread by clicking the Yellow Star icon in the upper right corner.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Sarah

We need more updates on this. This is a critical failure in the product, and the Quicken team is not providing timely info (or maybe it's just that the site is hard to search). In any case fix it.
  • Anders MartinsonAnders Martinson Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    > @Quicken Sarah said:
    >

What yellow star?
  • Also having One Step Update issues; ran since last evening overnight - never completed. Have killed and re-tried twice now. At first was thinking isolated to me/my computer/my installation/my accounts - but clearly not :smiley:
  • Please advise when the One Step Update is functioning again because it is not working NOW..The alert error code 500 resolution has not solved this issue.
  • WFPWFP Member ✭✭
    Count me in as another victim of this insidious problem!
  • One more victim...
  • DRMickDRMick Member ✭✭
    Quicken does not have a timeout or an option to stop download activity. So once we connect to bank and nothing is happening, the program is basically hung. Only way out is through task manager or reboot. This was routine back in the Windows 95 days. When will you fix this?
  • BBCTBBCT Member ✭✭
    Ditto. 20+ year Quicken user. I can't believe we still live in a world where a Windows update breaks a basic, fundamental function of Quicken. (Party like it's Windows 98!) We pay for THIS???
  • Same issue here...if anyone at Quicken cares :)
  • Same issue here with Windows 10 1909, Quicken 2020, Release 23.18 Build 27.1.23.18. Started this morning after noting that Quicken updated. I was able to update one account at a time; but OSU locks up every time and I have to hard stop Quicken from the task manager.
  • grsamygrsamy Member
    Me too getting the same error on Wealthfront and USTrust (Bofa Pvt banking) accounts. Only these two accounts I download the QFX files and both are giving CC-885
    And it is happening since Build 513.30586.100 for me too.
  • Jim SticklerJim Stickler Member ✭✭
    one step update hangs and will not complete. Just spins and spins
  • Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited December 2019
    Hello Anders Martinson,

The yellow star is located at the top right of this thread:

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Natalie

• SandCSandC Member ✭✭
    Same problem! Please fix!!
  • Mark TorpeyMark Torpey Member ✭✭
    This not just Windows 10, I am using Windows 7 and have the same issue. Also, I'm not sure if this was a Windows update problem since it happened a few days after I updated. This is not to say that it might have been caused by an update on the server side. I have 10 years of data and about 50 accounts for which I depend on OSU, updating daily. I might have been one of the first to report this early the morning of December 13th and spent about 3 hours with tech support, backing up, validating, cleaning, uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken several times. After using my last backup, I then had to update all of my accounts to bring them up to date. All of this to no avail. I did support to check to see if there were other reports but they could not corroborate any. During the process, I was able to determine that accounts could be updated individually so it was easy to see that this was a One Step Update problem. Needless to say, this is not practical with the number of accounts I have. At first, it seemed to be isolated to Quicken 2017 but seems to be occurring on other releases as well. I do hope this can be fixed soon.
  • enzoenzo Member
    I am experiencing the same issue and am running the 23.17 version. Individual account updates are possible.
  • I'm running Quicken 2020 Premier in W10, Release 23.17. Last night, downloads were running smoothly; all day today, not so much. I figured this was a transitory error, but over the course of the past several hours-- say, nine hours-- there has been nothing downloaded, no error message. I have to kill the process using Task Manager.
  • dgreyesqdgreyesq Member
    I have the same problem (Windows 10; current Quicken subscription) that started today. I can update individual accounts, but One Step Update just locks up Quicken until entire program is force closed. This is not acceptable.
  • SandCSandC Member ✭✭
    Should be highlighted as an issue on front page of the Quicken community support.
  • tmiglistmiglis Member ✭✭
    One Step Update Hangs. Only way out is to kill in task mgr. Try using an older backup copy but sam
    ...but same issue. Update hangs
  • I've been having the same issue all day, but have been able to update some accounts individually...
  • echastain140echastain140 Member ✭✭
    All, Thanks for the individuals who figured out the issue above. Microsoft pushed a patch out for 1903 - mine loaded on 12/10/19. After this date, I was unable to use OSU without updating accounts individually. Based upon the recommendations today, I upgraded to 1909 and my OSU began working normally. Hopefully this will work for the bulk of you - it would be nice if Quicken would confirm/deny this is the root cause though.
  • unblockunblock Member ✭✭
    this was posted at 10:46 am today. something is really broken in the quicken support process if a widespread problem was identified in the quicken community last friday and on tuesday we finally get a post that makes it seem like they only are hearing about it for the first time.

one step update is *the* reason i use quicken. this should have been treated as a mission-critical, all-hands, cancel your weekend plans, priority number one problem. instead it's been treated like a "nice to have".

"Hello @All,

Thank you for taking the time to report the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

Our Product Teams are currently investigating this matter and recommend, in the meantime, updating accounts through the Account Register > Account Actions gear icon > Update Now

If you would like to receive updates and/or a resolution on this emerging issue as they become available, please "Bookmark" this thread by clicking the Yellow Star icon in the upper right corner.

Thank you,

Sarah"
    Just did Mondo patch update. Everything works now
  • dntbolesdntboles Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Not convinced Windows update is the issue. I had 1909 update and it didn't work. I rolled back to 1903 and didn't work. I got rid of all updates for the last week and it still didn't work. Reinstalled 1909 update. Still doesn't work.
  • unblockunblock Member ✭✭
    agreed, i have updated to w10 1909, it didn't help.
  • I am in the same boat. Still not working. I am on 23.17.
This discussion has been closed.