Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Quicken can't setup new loan online

I've been trying for days to get Quicken to set up my car loan on a bank it recognizes. After all the passwords, it says it can't and concedes that it is Quicken's problem and not the bank. I download daily from this bank. What's up?

Comments

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Online-activated loans are not available at all financial institutions.  I suggest you setup a manual loan account instead.  
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • TATA Member ✭✭
    Quicken cannot set up new loan (refinance) on-line. It gets confused connecting to my bank. Using the same login ID and password I can connect to the bank from the bank's login page. I have been able to connect to the bank in past using Quicken.

So I try to create loan manually but Quicken has a screen "Loan Payment Reminder" that demands a "From account". I pay by check not from a Quicken account and I do not use Quicken for my checking account.

I had no problem creating a new loan in Quicken several years ago.

How can I do the refinance in Quicken if I cannot setup a new loan?
    TA said:
    Quicken cannot set up a new loan (refinance) on-line so that I can reconcile my now paid off mortagage which is in Quicken.

Quicken gets confused connecting to my bank. Using the same login ID and password that I give Quicken, I can connect to the bank from the bank's login page. I have been able to connect to the bank in the past using Quicken to update my original morgage loan.

So I tried creating the new loan manually but Quicken has a screen "Loan Payment Reminder" that demands a "From account". I pay by check but not from a Quicken account and I do not use Quicken for my checking account. I created a new 'house' account but Quicken doesn't let me choose that for loan reminder page.

I had no problem creating a new loan in Quicken several years ago.
    I suggest you allow Quicken to create the Loan Payment Reminder using an available account register.  If you don't want to use the reminder, you may delete the reminder after you've created the loan account.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, Q's "Loan Wizard" will almost certainly NOT calculate the amortization on your car loan correctly.
    The Loan Wizard only works for "monthly interest loans", such as mortgages, and your car loan is probably a "daily interest loan".
    IF you use the Loan Wizard to estimate the amortization, you'll have to edit each payment when you get the next statement to bring it into agreement with the lender.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • saxgirlsaxgirl Member ✭✭
    > @Sherlock said:
    > (Quote)
    > I suggest you allow Quicken to create the Loan Payment Reminder ...

I am trying to create a new mortgage loan account. The Add Loan Account form seems to be hung at the Loan Payment Reminder step.
    I opened Add Loan Account. I got as far as the "Loan Payment Reminder" step. I filled out the Reminder form, clicked Next, the form closed. I clicked Next on the New Account form to proceed to the next step of linking the liability to an asset and creating the account. Instead, the form opened a new Reminder form. Ad infinitum. Any ideas for a workaround?
    QRPM 2020 Ver: 26.23 Build: 27.1.26.23 OS: Win10 on a Dell XPS 2720. User since 2004.
    saxgirl said:
    > @Sherlock said:
    > (Quote)
    > I suggest you allow Quicken to create the Loan Payment Reminder ...

I am trying to create a new mortgage loan account. The Add Loan Account form seems to be hung at the Loan Payment Reminder step.
    I opened Add Loan Account. I got as far as the "Loan Payment Reminder" step. I filled out the Reminder form, clicked Next, the form closed. I clicked Next on the New Account form to proceed to the next step of linking the liability to an asset and creating the account. Instead, the form opened a new Reminder form. Ad infinitum. Any ideas for a workaround?
    QRPM 2020 Ver: 26.23 Build: 27.1.26.23 OS: Win10 on a Dell XPS 2720. User since 2004.
    When we click Done in the Loan Payment Reminder window, Quicken should replace the Your Loan Reminder window with an Account Added window.   I suggest you move the Loan Payment Reminder window over a bit before clicking Done to prevent an inadvertent click-through of Back and then allow Quicken to repaint the window.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • furrtreefurrtree Member
    > @saxgirl said:
    > > @Sherlock said:
    > > (Quote)
    > > I suggest you allow Quicken to create the Loan Payment Reminder ...
    >
    > I am trying to create a new mortgage loan account. The Add Loan Account form seems to be hung at the Loan Payment Reminder step.
    > I opened Add Loan Account. I got as far as the "Loan Payment Reminder" step. I filled out the Reminder form, clicked Next, the form closed. I clicked Next on the New Account form to proceed to the next step of linking the liability to an asset and creating the account. Instead, the form opened a new Reminder form. Ad infinitum. Any ideas for a workaround?
    > QRPM 2020 Ver: 26.23 Build: 27.1.26.23 OS: Win10 on a Dell XPS 2720. User since 2004.

Same thing is happening to me. Create a new loan manually and enter the information and reminder info... just stuck in a loop, definitely a bug that needs addressed in the software. How i got around it was as follows:

When you get to the loan reminder screen, i went into the windows task manager and ended the quicken application. Reopen quicken and you will see the loan is now in your account list, but no payment reminder. I then needed to add the payment reminder manually for that loan. This has been going on for quite some time and i hope Quicken fixes it soon. Been a quicken user for almost 20 years and it seems like the product is getting buggier instead of better.