Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Quicken Credit Card (US Bank) and Quicken Password Messing Up

Really getting tired of this garbage. I put this password in, and it seems to work. At the first connection, it says I have to change it, so I do. Then it seems to work fine for a couple of days, seems like all is well. Then, out of the blue, after about three days, I get the "Connectivity Problems" box, and it says my login information is incorrect.

I've called Quicken Customer Service, and they say it's the card. I've called US Bank, and they say it's Quicken. Each of them sounds like they don't have a clue talking about the other, but they're sure that it's not their side, and sure that the other side is messed up. I got this card because they claimed that it's designed TO WORK SEAMLESSLY WITH QUICKEN. What a crock of garbage...

Anybody have any idea what to do about this hunk of junk?

Comments

• bbushong47bbushong47 Member ✭✭
    Here's the message that I get. Every few days.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @bbushong47

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I would start by taking a moment to review the steps and information outlined here.

This article does list this as a fix for 101/103 errors however, these steps may help with the issues you have described.

Please ensure that you are using the Quicken Card Access ID as the username as described here.

Let me know how it goes!

Thank you!
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    edited January 3
    Yep, basically tried all of that several times before, then again... same thing. Except this is Quicken Windows 2019... Generally the same thing that I've done, though, I guess. I'm having absolutely no trouble with any other accounts... ONLY the Quicken Card. Yep, designed to seamlessly integrate with Quicken. Right. Looks like it'll work once or twice, then tells me to change my password. Is Quicken supposed to change the password on the US Bank side? Because there's no way for me to check that, to reset it, or anything like that. And, of course, customer service at US Bank says nothing is wrong and tells me to contact Quicken customer service. Then they tell me that it's on the server side and to contact US Bank customer service. All the while, nobody can explain why a password doesn't work, and my account supposedly is locked. US Bank even tells me that the account isn't locked, when I have a notice on my screen that says it's locked because the bogus password has been used to many times. I tell them that it's the server side, not the web access side, and they have absolutely zero idea what I'm talking about. And of course, *I* am not a programmer; I'm just going by what I've read. But I'm not using my web login, as I've been instructed not to... so they're clueless. On both sides.

(Removed)
  • Has anyone found out how long it will be before it is fixed. I ahve stopped using my card until it is fixed
  • Support told me that Quicken was having problems connecting with the bank for Quicken Card downloads. Quicken knows of the problem and is working on it. It has been down since December 8.

I can log onto the bank site OK and see my accounts, but can not do updates through Quicken.

I have stopped using the card until Quicken can fix problem
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @[email protected] ,

I don't have any One Step Update problems.

I use both Glary Utilities found at https://www.glarysoft.com/ and CCleaner Free at https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner . All free programs.

Try doing maintenance on your computer and see if operations do not improve.
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R27.42 & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.5
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 20175.1000

Information: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7871028/quicken-bill-pay-discontinues-on-5-31-20-introducing-quicken-bill-manager

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• OK, I ran both the cleaner programs, still does not down load.The error message that I get is OL-332-A.I can log in to Quicken Card, enter my ID and pass words and I get into my account data.My pass word at the bank needs to be 10 characters.  The first time I set up the account Quicken said I needed a 4 to 8 digit password.  It was explained to me that quicken goes through a another system for security.What is interesting is two times I have called Quicken tech support and after about 30 minutes of trouble shooting I was told that Quicken was having problems connecting to US Bank.  And I should try again in about 4 hours.Is there someone that can help me trouble shoot this problem?Dennis
    Dennis, the US Bank web access password has nothing to do with the password Quicken uses do download transactions. You don't use your web login information in Quicken.
  • mrgumdropmrgumdrop Member ✭✭
    You would think that the Quicken Card would work will with Quicken. What a pain!!!! The Bank sent me a snail mail to change the password again. It worked twice and now it doesn't work. Not well behaved. Need to get rid of this card.
  • thorn5thorn5 Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem. Just spent 3 hours on a chat session with Quicken Support to no end/resolve. Frustrating!!!
    > @mrgumdrop said:
    > You would think that the Quicken Card would work will with Quicken. What a pain!!!! The Bank sent me a snail mail to change the password again. It worked twice and now it doesn't work. Not well behaved. Need to get rid of this card.

Yep, that's about how mine acts. I'm still using the card, just doing manual updates every few days. Still falls far short of what was advertised.
    Okay, I'm giving this one step update with the Quicken Card one more try. Just connected it up, and of course, it downloads the last 57 days worth of transactions. Again. We'll see how it goes this time. I've updated Quicken one time (I think) since I got that stinking card from US Bank... So here it goes...
    Well, I've run One Step Update about six times since I made my last comment at 12:34PM above... and haven't had any issues with Quicken asking for my password or wanting me to change it for the Quicken Card. I guess they just fix the stuff and give no feedback. That's the part that really irks me about this mess. Call customer service with a problem, and they always point the other way. Well, somebody fixed the problem, I guess.
    Well, so much for that. I just got the OL-332-A "Your login information in Quicken is incorrect." So much for the idea that somebody actually fixed this problem... Have I mentioned that I'm getting really, really, sick of this?
  • thorn5thorn5 Member ✭✭
    Yep. Same thing for me. I deactivated online setup and set it up once again. It's working correctly now, but probably not long? We shall see.
    And now, the "Connectivity Problems" shows up again, with US Bank telling me, through Quicken, that my account is locked because an incorrect password has been entered too many times. I'm using the same password that was working just fine a few days ago.

Hey, Quicken and US Bank, how about you smart guys get together and figure this mess out? No more of the US Bank guy saying it's a Quicken issue and vice versa, like usually happens... Last time I talked to US Bank customer service, everything they knew was about the web page. That works just fine, it's the One Step Update that doesn't work. I could just imagine that she had some dumb look on her face, like she had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. I'm sure she didn't, but she assured me that the web page was the only place I could put a password and username into... No, no, it's not, how about getting somebody that knows what's going on? Nope, nobody else can do it...

So here we sit with a non-functional One Step Update, and nobody to take any sort of responsibility to fix it, wherever the problem is. Frustrating to have all of this technology, and it's probably a stinking typo in one line of code that causes the problems...
  • Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and share your experience and feedback regarding this issue.

I personally am a Quicken World MasterCard holder and have been experiencing issues as well with connecting in Quicken. 

I was able to switch from Direct Connect to Quicken Connect on my Quicken for Mac file, using my online banking username and password, and it has worked perfectly since.

For any Quicken for Mac Users experiencing this issue, I suggest also switching to Quicken Connect.

Adversely, on my Quicken for Windows file, I am experiencing the same issue as described by many of you here. I am able to set the account up using my Access ID and the PIN that was sent to me in the mail by US Bank, I then change my PIN in Quicken as it prompts, and it successfully links the account.

However, the next day, when performing a One Step Update, or when updating the account individually, I receive an OL-332-A error. 

We've been able to identify the issue in my OFX log as a "TOKEN >-1" error. Basically this means that their server isn't recognizing that Quicken is authorized to access it. 

I have contacted US Bank and requested that they open an escalation with their Service Provider to have this issue addressed. They attempted to kick me back, but the information was ultimately forwarded to a Supervisor. I will continue to pursue this escalation with them.

I suggest that any Quicken for Windows Users experiencing this, do the same. The more voices they hear, the more likely they are to address this and provide a resolution.

I will continue to monitor this thread and will post back with any updates as they become available to me.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie 

• tonytony Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Natalie Did you receive any updates to the Quicken software before the issue started? I have two Direct Connect accounts giving me the issue today. Friday 1/24 - No Problems. Sat 1/25 - Software updates were downloaded. Sunday 1/26 - I now have two direct connect accounts giving me the OL-332-A error. I am using Quicken 17 for Windows R19.8 I've seen in the past where Quicken forces you to update by pushing software updates out that disconnects access to online accounts. Usually, that doesn't happen for me until late March or April I'm guessing they are starting early this year.

Your Thoughts?
    Quicken 2017 Home & Business Version R19.8 Build 26.1.19 for Windows
    Hello @tony,

Thank you for reaching out with your inquiry regarding this issue, although I apologize you have not yet received a follow-up response. 

To clarify, Quicken 2017 will be discontinued on April 30th of this year. The use of Online Services, such as downloading transactions from your financial institution(s), will remain active until that time.

Please see our Discontinuation Policy for more details.

To further clarify, are you receiving the OL-332-A error on your Quicken World MasterCard account, or is this error regarding other financial institution(s)?

My Quicken World MasterCard has resumed normal downloading behavior and I am no longer receiving the OL-332-A error.

If you are still receiving it for this specific account, I suggest deactivating and then reactivating the account in Quicken, using your Access ID and the PIN that was mailed to you by US Bank.

If this error is being received when attempting to add or update your accounts with other financial institution(s), please take a look at the information and steps available here to troubleshoot the OL-332-A error that you're receiving in Quicken. 

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• tonytony Member ✭✭
    One of my accounts has resumed normal downloads. The other OL-332-A, I have to call the CU and re-setup the direct connect password, now. I am not happy.
    Quicken 2017 Home & Business Version R19.8 Build 26.1.19 for Windows
    Hello All,

I wanted to share an update regarding the Quicken World MasterCard and the OL-332-A error message that is being received in Quicken for Windows.

I spoke too soon when posting that my Quicken World MasterCard account has resumed normal downloads, as I am, once again, receiving the OL-332-A error when attempting to update my account in Quicken.

I have contacted US Bank again and will continue to pursue the escalation with them.

I will also post back in with any updates/changes as they become available to me.

Thank you, everyone, for your patience!

-Quicken Natalie

• RobbHylandRobbHyland Member ✭✭
    edited February 7
    Is anyone else having issues connecting to US Bank on their Quicken Credit card. I recently got one, after some initial delays in getting it set up (had to wait for code in mail), I've been having issues every day. You would think that a Quicken branded credit card would be seamless in intrerating into their application.

My issue is can get it set up properly. Everything works, can download with no issues for a day. However, the following day my log-in is not recoginized. And if I'm not careful, too many attempts will lock you out and require a call to US Bank tech support to unlock your account.

This issue has happened on multiple days. Spent an hour on the phone yesterday, got account reset, set up properly again. Then boom, not working again today. Has anyone experienced this problem? Any suggestions?

I have no issues accessing the Credit Card website, works great. Problem is that the special codes required for download appears to have an issue. On my last attempt, I tried to verify that there were no errors on my part. Rebooted my computer and my quicken program multiple times. Worked flawless........ this the next day......... then broken again. My passwords are correct and verified in my vault. But no luck.

Any insight before I invest hours again, only to be locked out the following day.
    This issue keeps manifesting itself. The interface between Quicken and QuickenCard (US Bank) continues to re-set itself every day. Requiring a re-setup every day. Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone from Quicken looing into it?
  • thorn5thorn5 Member ✭✭
    Yes. Same issue for me. I have quit using the card because of this ridiculousness. Perhaps Natalie would like to provide us all with a new update.
    This issue occurred again today. It's becoming almost a daily event that I need to disable then reenable the auto download between Quicken and US Bank for the Quicken Credit card. Very frustrating that this issue would be so prevalent on the Quicken branded credit card. You would think that someone would be investigating this issue. I've made multiple posts here and placed service issues notifications. And no one has reached out to me. I guess they don't know or don't care.
  • Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to post back with an update regarding this issue.

I am also still intermittently receiving the error when attempting to update my Quicken World MasterCard with US Bank in Quicken. 

I have tried removing my PIN from the password vault and updating the account individually, deactivating and reactivating the account, all to no avail. The account updates properly for a day or two and then returns the error once more.

I have spoken with US Bank Tech Support as well as Product/Online Support multiple times. They have advised me that the account is in "locked" status each time I start receiving the OL-332-A error in Quicken. They then have to reset my PIN and the process starts over again, eventually resulting in the error.

I am continuing to pursue an escalation with them and apologize for not having any more news at this time.

I suggest anyone experiencing this, contact US Bank directly so that they hear from more customers.

I have received a number that will connect you directly to their Online/Product Support Team. The number is (800) 987-7237 and then select Option 2.

Anyone who wishes to pursue this, we would appreciate you posting back with any updates or newly obtained information.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

@Quicken Natalie, thanks for the update. This happened again for me today, so it seems it an on-going issue. I appreciate your suggestion to talk with US Bank's tech support. I've done this. They don't seem to have a grasp on the issue and always refer me back to Quicken.. Kinda like a circular firing squad.

This is a Quicken branded card offered by US Bank, causing ongoing issues and frustration with Quicken software customers. Kind of an embarrassment since it is their software and their promoted branded credit card. You would think Quicken management would get involved and not try to get their customers to push the issue with their supplier.

I would suggest that calling/writing/emailing the Quicken management team would lead to a more productive resolution of this issue. Is Eric Dunn still the CEO of Quicken? I remember dealing with him back in the late 80's when he was with Intuit. Do you have his contact information?
  • tbeltztbeltz Member ✭✭
    I too have this problem and have been unable to download any of my files from US Bank February 7th. Have tried reloading information nothing helps keeps saying Quicken has a problem and try back in a day or so? I am able to log into my US Bank Account with no issue and have not changed anything. Just quit working am thinking Quicken did a update about that time? Someone needs to get this going don't know who is at fault but it isn't me.
  • VoytekVoytek Member ✭✭
    I have been having the same problem for the last four weeks. I have spent hours with both Quicken and US Bank to no avail. I can manually download transactions. My suspicion has been that is has to do with using the Mobile App. I think it has to be set up at the same time as Quicken desktop. Something on the cloud causes the bank to believe that it is getting an incorrect password. Is there someone who is not connected to the cloud and who is using the Quicken card able to comment?
  • thorn5thorn5 Member ✭✭
    I use the Quicken card and have the same problem. I do not use Quicken's mobile app and do not use their cloud.
This discussion has been closed.