Quicken Card and Quicken Password Messing Up

Really getting tired of this garbage. I put this password in, and it seems to work. At the first connection, it says I have to change it, so I do. Then it seems to work fine for a couple of days, seems like all is well. Then, out of the blue, after about three days, I get the "Connectivity Problems" box, and it says my login information is incorrect.

I've called Quicken Customer Service, and they say it's the card. I've called US Bank, and they say it's Quicken. Each of them sounds like they don't have a clue talking about the other, but they're sure that it's not their side, and sure that the other side is messed up. I got this card because they claimed that it's designed TO WORK SEAMLESSLY WITH QUICKEN. What a crock of garbage...

Anybody have any idea what to do about this hunk of junk?

Answers

• bbushong47bbushong47 Member ✭✭
    Here's the message that I get. Every few days.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @bbushong47

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I would start by taking a moment to review the steps and information outlined here.

This article does list this as a fix for 101/103 errors however, these steps may help with the issues you have described.

Please ensure that you are using the Quicken Card Access ID as the username as described here.

Let me know how it goes!

Thank you!
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    edited January 3
    Yep, basically tried all of that several times before, then again... same thing. Except this is Quicken Windows 2019... Generally the same thing that I've done, though, I guess. I'm having absolutely no trouble with any other accounts... ONLY the Quicken Card. Yep, designed to seamlessly integrate with Quicken. Right. Looks like it'll work once or twice, then tells me to change my password. Is Quicken supposed to change the password on the US Bank side? Because there's no way for me to check that, to reset it, or anything like that. And, of course, customer service at US Bank says nothing is wrong and tells me to contact Quicken customer service. Then they tell me that it's on the server side and to contact US Bank customer service. All the while, nobody can explain why a password doesn't work, and my account supposedly is locked. US Bank even tells me that the account isn't locked, when I have a notice on my screen that says it's locked because the bogus password has been used to many times. I tell them that it's the server side, not the web access side, and they have absolutely zero idea what I'm talking about. And of course, *I* am not a programmer; I'm just going by what I've read. But I'm not using my web login, as I've been instructed not to... so they're clueless. On both sides.

(Removed)
  • Has anyone found out how long it will be before it is fixed. I ahve stopped using my card until it is fixed
  • Support told me that Quicken was having problems connecting with the bank for Quicken Card downloads. Quicken knows of the problem and is working on it. It has been down since December 8.

I can log onto the bank site OK and see my accounts, but can not do updates through Quicken.

I have stopped using the card until Quicken can fix problem
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @[email protected] ,

I don't have any One Step Update problems.

I use both Glary Utilities found at https://www.glarysoft.com/ and CCleaner Free at https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner . All free programs.

Try doing maintenance on your computer and see if operations do not improve.
  • OK, I ran both the cleaner programs, still does not down load.The error message that I get is OL-332-A.I can log in to Quicken Card, enter my ID and pass words and I get into my account data.My pass word at the bank needs to be 10 characters.  The first time I set up the account Quicken said I needed a 4 to 8 digit password.  It was explained to me that quicken goes through a another system for security.What is interesting is two times I have called Quicken tech support and after about 30 minutes of trouble shooting I was told that Quicken was having problems connecting to US Bank.  And I should try again in about 4 hours.Is there someone that can help me trouble shoot this problem?Dennis
    Dennis, the US Bank web access password has nothing to do with the password Quicken uses do download transactions. You don't use your web login information in Quicken.
  • You would think that the Quicken Card would work will with Quicken. What a pain!!!! The Bank sent me a snail mail to change the password again. It worked twice and now it doesn't work. Not well behaved. Need to get rid of this card.
  • thorn5thorn5 Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem. Just spent 3 hours on a chat session with Quicken Support to no end/resolve. Frustrating!!!
    > @mrgumdrop said:
    > You would think that the Quicken Card would work will with Quicken. What a pain!!!! The Bank sent me a snail mail to change the password again. It worked twice and now it doesn't work. Not well behaved. Need to get rid of this card.

Yep, that's about how mine acts. I'm still using the card, just doing manual updates every few days. Still falls far short of what was advertised.
    Okay, I'm giving this one step update with the Quicken Card one more try. Just connected it up, and of course, it downloads the last 57 days worth of transactions. Again. We'll see how it goes this time. I've updated Quicken one time (I think) since I got that stinking card from US Bank... So here it goes...
    Well, I've run One Step Update about six times since I made my last comment at 12:34PM above... and haven't had any issues with Quicken asking for my password or wanting me to change it for the Quicken Card. I guess they just fix the stuff and give no feedback. That's the part that really irks me about this mess. Call customer service with a problem, and they always point the other way. Well, somebody fixed the problem, I guess.
    Well, so much for that. I just got the OL-332-A "Your login information in Quicken is incorrect." So much for the idea that somebody actually fixed this problem... Have I mentioned that I'm getting really, really, sick of this?
  • thorn5thorn5 Member ✭✭
    Yep. Same thing for me. I deactivated online setup and set it up once again. It's working correctly now, but probably not long? We shall see.
    And now, the "Connectivity Problems" shows up again, with US Bank telling me, through Quicken, that my account is locked because an incorrect password has been entered too many times. I'm using the same password that was working just fine a few days ago.

Hey, Quicken and US Bank, how about you smart guys get together and figure this mess out? No more of the US Bank guy saying it's a Quicken issue and vice versa, like usually happens... Last time I talked to US Bank customer service, everything they knew was about the web page. That works just fine, it's the One Step Update that doesn't work. I could just imagine that she had some dumb look on her face, like she had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. I'm sure she didn't, but she assured me that the web page was the only place I could put a password and username into... No, no, it's not, how about getting somebody that knows what's going on? Nope, nobody else can do it...

So here we sit with a non-functional One Step Update, and nobody to take any sort of responsibility to fix it, wherever the problem is. Frustrating to have all of this technology, and it's probably a stinking typo in one line of code that causes the problems...
  • Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and share your experience and feedback regarding this issue.

I personally am a Quicken World MasterCard holder and have been experiencing issues as well with connecting in Quicken. 

I was able to switch from Direct Connect to Quicken Connect on my Quicken for Mac file, using my online banking username and password, and it has worked perfectly since.

For any Quicken for Mac Users experiencing this issue, I suggest also switching to Quicken Connect.

Adversely, on my Quicken for Windows file, I am experiencing the same issue as described by many of you here. I am able to set the account up using my Access ID and the PIN that was sent to me in the mail by US Bank, I then change my PIN in Quicken as it prompts, and it successfully links the account.

However, the next day, when performing a One Step Update, or when updating the account individually, I receive an OL-332-A error. 

We've been able to identify the issue in my OFX log as a "TOKEN >-1" error. Basically this means that their server isn't recognizing that Quicken is authorized to access it. 

I have contacted US Bank and requested that they open an escalation with their Service Provider to have this issue addressed. They attempted to kick me back, but the information was ultimately forwarded to a Supervisor. I will continue to pursue this escalation with them.

I suggest that any Quicken for Windows Users experiencing this, do the same. The more voices they hear, the more likely they are to address this and provide a resolution.

I will continue to monitor this thread and will post back with any updates as they become available to me.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie 
    -Quicken Natalie