Online center won't "Update send" bills/Quicken Bill Pay missing from OSU (updated title)

1151617181921»

Answers

• I am running Quicken Home, Business, & Rental Property 2020, R23.21, Build 27.1.23.21 on Windows 10.

I was able to send payments a few days ago, but today I am no longer able to send payments to QBP. During the OSU, a brief note popped up that there was an error with sending the payment, but it didn't give me any more information, and in the OSU summary, there are no error messages.

Anyone else still having trouble?
  • > @ChristinaMarieBarron said:
    > I am running Quicken Home, Business, & Rental Property 2020, R23.21, Build 27.1.23.21 on Windows 10.
    >
    > I was able to send payments a few days ago, but today I am no longer able to send payments to QBP. During the OSU, a brief note popped up that there was an error with sending the payment, but it didn't give me any more information, and in the OSU summary, there are no error messages.
    >
    > Anyone else still having trouble?

I went up to the QBP website and it said the earliest send date for this particular payment was one day later than what Quicken was saying. I went back into Quicken and pushed the date out one day, and sent it again. It went this time.

Quicken techs, please tell us that the problem with a particular bill is the send date, if that's the problem
  • David HearnDavid Hearn Member ✭✭
    They don't know what the problem is. I've had the problem since 12/31.

I've been on support 3 times - each time took over 45 minutes. I Deactivated QBP but can not reActivate it - it says 'Sorry. We encountered an error (It's not your fault)'

I send logs - they have developers look at the logs. After 10-15 minutes, they told me to retry in 24 - 48 hours (the standard line from Quicken every time). So obviously the developers don't know what the problem is.
  • RWGH&BRWGH&B Member ✭✭
    David, Did you try to setup QBP through TOOLS - QBP - SETUP ?
  • drockmkaer .drockmkaer . Member ✭✭
    Yes follow the steps that Sara posted in regards to rebranding financial institutions step by step and it will work. I have Quicken 2017 and I have been up and running after following the directions. Let me see if I can find the steps and repost.
    Yes - did Tools - QBP - setup. I also tried to activate from my checking account. Same error on all counts.

I've tried the steps that Sara posted - did not fix it for me. What page were here instructions on? I'll try again.

Support also had me create a new Quicken data file - I tried to add QBP there and got the same error.
  • ctgriff1ctgriff1 Member
    Been having the same issue since 12/27. Three long calls with tech support and two with Billpay tech support. Using Q2017, did Sarah's steps even though it said it didn't apply if your bank was already showing. Remember to accept any transactions and close and restart. Went through the setup again and it worked finally (1/13/2020)

User since 1987
    Q 2017 on Win 7 (for now)
  • jkdenmanjkdenman Member
    Same issue as others. Quicken 2017 for Windows. Several calls with tech support for both Quicken and Quicken billpay. No value.Tried Sarah's steps with no success. Tried deactivating from my bank and reactivating. Tried setting up via tools-QBP. I can download bank transactions but can't pay bills within quicken.
    I have Quicken Premier 2020 - I see they posted that the issue with 2017 is resolved.I guess I'll call support again today.

To be clear, my issue is with Activating QBP. When I try I get the 'Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault)
  • Roger ByfordRoger Byford Member ✭✭
    Same here. Q2020, and still getting the error like David.
  • dfincherdfincher Member
    I started getting the error when I attempted to enter a new - my payees are missing when I select the Payees menu item. I can go to the payments tab and pay there, but Update/Send doesn't work as it asks for a password for the bank, but does not accept the password. Tech support two days ago told me that there was a problem with the Quicken Billpay website, which is why it was affecting my system, and that I should wait 48-72 hours as it would be fixed.

I'm not holding my breath.
  • Larry PortouwLarry Portouw Member ✭✭
    > @ChristinaMarieBarron said:
    > I am running Quicken Home, Business, & Rental Property 2020, R23.21, Build 27.1.23.21 on Windows 10.
    >
    > I was able to send payments a few days ago, but today I am no longer able to send payments to QBP. During the OSU, a brief note popped up that there was an error with sending the payment, but it didn't give me any more information, and in the OSU summary, there are no error messages.
    >
    > Anyone else still having trouble?

Everyone on this thread is having that problem. Me since the middle of December. Just installed the latest patch this morning and it is till broke, and nothing but crickets from Quicken.
  • > @Larry Portouw said:
    > > @ChristinaMarieBarron said:
    > > I am running Quicken Home, Business, & Rental Property 2020, R23.21, Build 27.1.23.21 on Windows 10.
    > >
    > > I was able to send payments a few days ago, but today I am no longer able to send payments to QBP. During the OSU, a brief note popped up that there was an error with sending the payment, but it didn't give me any more information, and in the OSU summary, there are no error messages.
    > >
    > > Anyone else still having trouble?
    >
    > Everyone on this thread is having that problem. Me since the middle of December. Just installed the latest patch this morning and it is till broke, and nothing but crickets from Quicken.
    >

It's working for me now. The problem with that particular payment was that the delivery date was too soon. I changed the payment date to one day later, and it went. It would have been nice to have gotten a message in Quicken telling me that the problem with that payment was the date. I had to go to the QBP site to learn that the payment date was the problem. I have sent several payments in the days since then, and everything is working for me.
  • rgiaquintargiaquinta Member ✭✭
    I had the Quicken Billpay Problem for about two weeks beginning the end of december, then was able to get it working again last week (around 1/10/2020), and then yesterday 1/16 it stopped working again: OSU will update all of my accounts, but will not send online billpay instructions, and doesn't show an error. I am running Q2017.
  • kathylairkathylair Member ✭✭
    I too have been a Quicken user since DOS days but this is a serious error that they have not communicated adequately. I don't understand how this is not a priority to fix
  • kathylairkathylair Member ✭✭
    Just spent over an hour with quicken support having me do multiple things in Quicken only to finally be told that this is a known issue in QBP and there is no ETA for a fix!
  • Roger ByfordRoger Byford Member ✭✭
    I'm running Q2020 V24.11 (build 27.1.24.11), and am still having the "it's not your fault" message when I try to add QBP to my checking account (it used, of course, to work just fine). This has been a problem for an incredibly long time, and unfixed by who knows how many patches.
  • Bob99Bob99 Member ✭✭
    I am in the same boat with everyone else. Direct Pay no longer works. I do not use QBP. After sharing my Quicken files with my bank, my bank insists it is either a Quicken server issue or possibly a corrupted file caused by an update. Quicken of course denies all this since there is no error number associated with the issue except "it is not your fault". Like others, I am sick of this. My work around right nows is simple but tedious:

Pay my bills using by Banks bill pay service. When I update my accounts, Quicken will see the new activity and enter it into the appropriate checking or savings account but it uses the payee name you used in with the bank. Of course this means it will not show up in your Quicken account ledger until the Bank actually pays it. You could put a "place holder" entry in the appropriate Quicken account but you risk "double counting" the payment or deposit when you update your accounts.
  • Step2Step2 Member ✭✭
    edited January 23
    (Removed-Disruptive) 
  • dfincherdfincher Member
    I finally got mine fixed with help from support. Procedure:
    1. Choose Tools > Account List.
    2. Click the Edit button next to the account name.
    3. In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
    4. Click Deactivate on online bill pay, and then click Yes to deactivate.
    5. Click OK when prompted to confirm your choice.

Then:
    tools >add account > select the type of account your are using, then type in " Quicken Bill Pay-New" and reactivate the account with your credentials.

Once a list of accounts appear please make sure that you link the account to the existing Quicken account. And that you ignore any extra account. Please take your time when completing this step.

My payees showed back up and scheduled transactions downloaded.
  • Has anyone gotten QBP to work? I have the Quicken subscription version (only because it includes QBP at no additional charge) and have been unable to use QBP since mid-December. I've tried everything everyone has suggested but still get the "It's Not Your Fault" failure message. Not sure why I'm paying for the subscription version!
  • dnfinancednfinance Member ✭✭
    Mine has been working for a few weeks.
  • Ditto!! The only reason I went to the subscription model in the first place is because it includes QBP, and now that doesn't work. I too have tried every suggestion and can only say I am extremely dissatisfied in year 28 of using Quicken (possibly my last).
  • RxRx Member ✭✭
    Sigh -- it WAS working for me for the past several weeks. I still have Quicken Billpay-NEW in my list, but it is refusing to SEND the transactions. I noticed this when I ran a 1-step update and then backed up my file. When I tried to close it, Quicken warned me I had unsent transactions. I used UPDATE from the checking account screen, selected only QBP. The payment was not sent.

Now I am back to using the QBP website.... WHY does this keep happening?? I think this is the first QBP item I've tried to send since the update to R24.14.
This discussion has been closed.