Home Quicken for Windows Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)

Online center won't "Update send" bills/Quicken Bill Pay missing from OSU (updated title)

Answers

• jtk.googlejtk.google Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Sarah @Quicken_Tyka @Quicken_Natalie I see you have posted alerts on the "online banking issues" page.
    (
    https://community.quicken.com/categories/quickencommunity_current_online_banking_issues
    )
    This issue must be announced there as well, it's a major problem.
  • jmcafeejmcafee Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    (Removed-Speculation/Off-topic)
  • James DoumakJames Doumak Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    (Removed-Speculation/Off-topic)
  • MarkL18MarkL18 Member ✭✭
    Downloaded and installed the new Quicken update (23.18) this morning, but unfortunately no resolution to the ongoing problem. Still only able to have either QBP or my checking account successfully complete OSU, but not both.
  • I am having the exact same problem, except no Quicken Bill Pay account appears in my accounts list. Instead there appears two listings of my Capital One checking account when I attempt One Step Update. When trying to add an Quicken Bill Pay account I see zzz Quicken Bill Pay, and an not allowed to add Quicken Bill Pay account.
  • 23.18 came down for me as well. Quicken needs to up the level of QA against software releases.
  • RubenRuben Member ✭✭
    I'm having this same issue too for the record, Quicken Bill Pay account information has dropped out, I'm now paying bills via Bill Pays web site, thanks.
  • Old GuyOld Guy Member ✭✭
    I've managed to Setup "Quicken Bill Pay - New. A bit confusing to do so being I had to change from the zzz Quicken Bill Pay first. After it is supposedly is set up, like Heidi I get two listings of the account used for the "Bill Pay Account".

Online paying remains unusable... The second listing (Assuming Bill Pay?) keep asking for a password. It doesn't accept either of the two accounts.

All this mess has occurred in the last week or so. Prior to this all was fine and functional... Why so many new glitches?

Not A Happy Old Guy.
  • Online bill pay function - does not work! Suggested corrective action from 12/20 - does not work. This program feature has been DOWN for over a week - WHAT IS YOUR ETA FOR RESOLUTION?

HELP DESK IS IN THE DARK ON THIS ONE - we are working on it does not cut it!
  • online bill pay - not working
  • SoCalScottSoCalScott Member ✭✭
    Add me to the list of MIA QBP. I spoke with support over the weekend. They are aware of the problem and do not have an estimated time for resolution. Like others, today's update did not solve the problem for me.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

More details on the nature of the problem, please.
    Do you use Quicken Mac or Quicken for Windows? US or Canadian version?
    What version, edition level and release of Quicken are you using?  Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?

• Answer: Quicken for Windows - annual subscription
  • Marc SMarc S Member ✭✭
    Tried just starting over with a new Quicken file... after adding in my checking account successfully, I went to bill pay under Tools... and still got zzz Quicken Bill Pay account. Issue MUST be with Quicken 2020.
  • James DoumakJames Doumak Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    (Removed-Argumentative recreating previously removed content)  Quicken, please keep us informed and not remove posts because you don't like them. Thank you.
  • kwilliam8kwilliam8 Member ✭✭
    > @MarkL18 said:
    > Downloaded and installed the new Quicken update (23.18) this morning, but unfortunately no resolution to the ongoing problem. Still only able to have either QBP or my checking account successfully complete OSU, but not both.

I am now on version 23.18. FWIW, I am no longer able to get to QBP in Quicken. After typing in "Quicken Bill Pay - new" as the "new" account name (when trying to reactivate QBP), when I click on the "next" button, nothing happens. This is a change from the previous version (where I was able to get either QBP or my checking account to complete OSU, but not both). Not sure how important this is. It would be nice to get some sort of update from Quick folks about this issue.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer: Quicken for Windows - annual subscription

Partial answer.  Still need this info from UKR's question "What version, edition level and release of Quicken are you using?  Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information."
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • chitownhockeychitownhockey Member ✭✭✭✭
    I think you got your answer.  Quicken support is aware of the issue and is working on it.  

If you'd search on the community, you'll see many others with the same exact problem with Quicken Bill Pay over the past few days.

As to an ETA, this is a user to user forum and no one here has that information.  Apparently, when it's fixed it'll be fixed.  
  • Old GuyOld Guy Member ✭✭
    Same problem as above. Indeed 23.18 did not correct the ability to use Quicken to pay directly. Thank goodness going directly to Quicken Bill Pay account still works. Hoping Quicken folks can fix this problem. Manually updating is already getting long in tooth. Not what I signed up for. Sigh...
  • Richard YoungRichard Young Member ✭✭✭
    Update 23.18 does NOT fix the QBP problem. After trying to fix this days ago and monitoring this list, I've discovered the best thing anyone can do at this point is to forget QBP for now; you can't fix it. Just set back, pay your bills on the QBP website and enjoy Christmas. I figure my Christmas is going to be better than Quicken's.

Do NOT try to fix QBP.
  • my version is 23.18 (subscription)
  • carlj07carlj07 Member ✭✭
    I'm using Quicken for Windows version R23.18 (latest update). Today (Dec 23) I opened Quicken and attempted to update transactions in my checking account which is also linked to my Quicken Bill Pay account. When I selected Update Now for my checking account, the usual One-Step Update Settings pop-up window opened, however it only listed my checking account financial institution and NOT Quicken Bill Pay - New. I selected Update Now anyway and ONLY my checking account updated and not Quicken Bill Pay.
    I then went to the Online Center, selected Quicken Bill Pay - New from the Financial Institution drop-down list and selected the Update/Send button. The One-Step Update Settings pop-up window appeared again, but no financial institutions were listed in the window (i.e. Quicken Bill Pay was not listed). My only options in this window were Fill Passwords or Manage Passwords. I closed this window.
    I then went to my Password Vault and noted that Quicken Bill Pay - New is no longer listed in the Password Vault.
    Where did it go and how do I get it back?
    Essentially, as it is now, there is no longer a way to communicate with Quicken Bill Pay thru Quicken For Windows which prevents me from sending online payments to Quicken Bill Pay using Quicken or updating my transactions from Quicken Bill Pay into Quicken.
    FYI, my last successful use of updating transactions from Quicken Bill Pay - New was this past Saturday (2 days ago - Dec 21).
  • JRP68JRP68 Member ✭✭
    My Quicken Bill Pay from within the desktop software stopped working last week; works fine when I go directly to the Quicken Bill Pay website. Just got off the phone with first Quicken Bill Pay Customer Support and then Quicken Support and both acknowledged this problem showed up last week and is effecting many users. Supposedly they are working on a solution and claim they will post here when it is available. Of course, they told me they knew about it starting last Tuesday and haven't bothered to post anything official here or anywhere else I can find, so forgive me if I am skeptical of their communication plan.
  • mlhestermlhester Member
    My bill pay is no longer working and shows that I am no longer enrolled. When I try and re-enroll, it states, “sorry. We encountered an error. (It’s not your fault)
  • OK,
    Quicken 2020 release 23.18
    One Step Update with one "send" for Bill Pay.
    My bank is set up of one step update and there are no problems receiving downloads on a regular basis. Additionally, I normally send payments from this bank to Bill Pay.
    Today I initiated just such a transmission and it shows in my initial one step screen, an entry to that bank, with a sub listing of the payment to be made. Then also there is a place to enter the password along with a save checkbox. Odd since the pass word for this account is in the vault. Below that is another listing for the same bank, not asking for the pass word and without the payment to be made. So here are the next steps I take:
    1. Enter the password and check the save box.
    2. Now a second window pops up telling me to enter the password for the following... The listing is the one i just entered a password for. ?? Stops there.
    3. I uncheck that account and simply update.
    4. the payment is not uploaded (of course since it is associated with the one I just unchecked)
    5. So I recheck it and uncheck the one not requiring the password.
    6. Reenter the password as requested and The same screen pops up as in #2 above.

It appears the Payee is somehow associated with a Phantom copy of my primary Banking institution.

How d o I manage to eliminate this Phantom or reestablish the connection to the "real" banking institution?

Dave
  • craigcrowdercraigcrowder Member ✭✭
    I have the same, or similar, issue. QBP seems to be the root cause. I can update my accounts in one step update, as long as I eliminate the account that's tide to QBP. I can go to the account that's tied to QBP and update that account using the lightening bolt (update account) option - which doesn't update QBP. I can't update through online center.

I'm prompted for a password that quicken already has stored in the PW vault. Even if I type it in in one step update, I can't continue.

Payments are pilling up... I need to connect through quicken.

And, I ran the update today and it still doesn't work.

Running Quicken 2020,
    R23.18,
  • I to have this same phantom problem. Apparently One Step Update is very problematic right now.
  • TerryTerry Member ✭✭
    It’s a little scary to me that a company we all rely on so much can’t fix this problem in almost a week and are apparently unable to provide any meaningful information. Fingers crossed.
  • Its pretty obvious something is wrong with Quicken. Tjhere is the one step update issue and the inability to upload to quicken bill pay. Yes you can go on line to your on line account and pay bills that way, but that is not the way its supposed to work.
  • I have the same problem with Bank of America - since around the 18th.
This discussion has been closed.