Home Quicken for Mac Download, Add/Update Accounts (Mac)

Merging Categories...didn't I see there was a new way to do it?

Hey gang-

I'd swear I read here that there was a way to merge transactions into a single Category. For example, over the years, I've Categorized Uber rides as Miscellaneous as well as Rental Car and Taxi.

I was hoping to merge all those into a new Category called RideShare. Was I imagining it or is there a slick new way to do this?

Thanks- and loving Quicken Mac 2020!
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make sure that everything in Miscellaneous actually belongs in your new Rideshare category. If you've used Miscellaneous for other, um, miscellaneous things, you may want to re-categorize some transactions individually to another category before you do the merge.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Dave461Dave461 Member ✭✭
    > @jacobs said:
    > Just make sure that everything in Miscellaneous actually belongs in your new Rideshare category. If you've used Miscellaneous for other, um, miscellaneous things, you may want to re-categorize some transactions individually to another category before you do the merge.

Yikes I just thought the same thing and came online to see that you beat me!

OMG yes I've been dumping into Miscellaneous for, well, miscellaneous years!

But new question- is there a way to bulk-change a group of transactions to a new Category? I just did a search of "Uber" and Selected All, but don't see any command to change Category.

Thanks so much!
  • Dave461Dave461 Member ✭✭
    Thanks Jacob and John- awesome stuff!
This discussion has been closed.