How to I re-link an "unlinked" online bill?

I deleted a linked online bill from my Quicken account. Now, I would like to re-link this bill. When I try to re-link the bill, I receive the statement "Biller Already Added. You already added a biller whose details match the biller you're trying to add". How do I re-link an online bill?
Quicken for Windows 2017 Version 19.7 Build 26.1.19.7

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @[email protected]

Thank you for the response and confirming the error message is still being returned.

I wanted to verify that this hadn't resolved on its own to avoid removing the bill if it was working.

I have gone ahead and reported this bill to be removed, please allow 24-48 hours before attempting to add the bill once more.

Please respond back to let me know if this resolves the issue or if the trouble persists!

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @[email protected]

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

Are you still needing assistance with this issue?

If so, can you please provide the name of the biller that you are having trouble with?

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • FPL. Florida Power & Light
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @[email protected]

Thank you for the response and for providing the name of the biller.

Are you still experiencing this error message?

I took the liberty of reviewing your online biller profile and I show this bill as being successfully synced.

Please let me know if you are still needing assistance!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • I think this is precisely why I am having problems with this biller, it is because the system thinks that this bill is synced when it is not. I still need assistance fixing this. Thanks.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @[email protected]

Thank you for the response and confirming the error message is still being returned.

I wanted to verify that this hadn't resolved on its own to avoid removing the bill if it was working.

I have gone ahead and reported this bill to be removed, please allow 24-48 hours before attempting to add the bill once more.

Please respond back to let me know if this resolves the issue or if the trouble persists!

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Issue resolved!!!

Thanks Tyka!
  • Tyka, I was able to re-link my FPL bill, however, this triggered an ongoing issue with one-step update that is being worked in another Quicken Support thread. When I re-linked the bill and did a one-step update, the update froze. See the support thread from Quicken_Sarah:
    "Quicken Sarah commented on UPDATED 12/31; 12/26/19; 12/20/19; 12/18/19 Quicken Windows Users Reporting Issues w/One Step Update"

Apparently, there is some interaction with both online bills and the animation icons in One Step Update that freezes the one step update. Turn off animation (in settings) and delete the online bills and the One-Step Update works.

I'll have to forego the bill updates until Quicken Sarah gets the patch out for Quicken 2017 or until I get Quicken 2020.

Thanks for you help, I deleted the FPL bill again and will need the system reset once the OSU problem is fixed.
This discussion has been closed.