Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How do I set up an account to download transactions from - TD Ameritrade Advisor Client

The context of this question is Quicken Windows, 2019 Home, Business, & Rental version.
I recently opened an account with TD Ameritrade's Advisor Client brokerage. When attempting to set up to track this account in Quicken I was only able to locate the TD Ameritrade brokerage which is apparently different from their Advisor Client (https://www.advisorclient.com/) offering. I noted that there were some old discussion threads relating to issues after an account was already set up in Quicken but no guidance on how to create the account. I'd appreciate it if someone could provide the missing piece.
TIA
René

Best Answer

• Rasha7
    Rasha7 Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Yup, contacted them and they "enabled" my account and gave me credentials for the Quicken download account setup.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    It doesn't look to me like TD Ameritrade Advisor Client or TD Ameritrade Institutional supports downloads to Quicken.

You might call them up and ask if they do.
  • Rasha7
    Rasha7 Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Yup, contacted them and they "enabled" my account and gave me credentials for the Quicken download account setup.
  • Chet
    Chet Member
    Has there been any resolution of this question re TD Ameritrade Advisor Client? I don't understand the comment "Yup, contacted them and they "enabled" my account and gave me credentials for the Quicken download account setup" -- contacted who? If TD Ameritrade Advisor Client isn't on the list of brokerage firms, what do you select in order to download transactions?

I just purchased Quicken Deluxe and I'm glad there's a trial period because if I cannot download the transactions from Advisor Client, I don't want to bother paying a subscription fee each year. I was able to do it using Mint, I just hated Mint's interface.

If anyone else has TD Ameritrade Advisor Client and has any answers, I'd appreciate hearing them.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rasha7 said:
    We don't understand these comments -
    as the target firm must be listed internally within Quicken,
    and show up on the Add Account setup page -
    SO.... really not sure what you were "given" and what your next steps are ?

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Rasha7
    Rasha7 Member ✭✭
    7 months ago I was unable to add an account for my TD Ameritrade account (Quicken Add Account would not accept any provided account details or credentials). After contacting TD Ameritrade I was given account credentials to use specifically with Quicken for automated downloads. I then went into my Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property desktop software and added the account using "Add Account" and provided the account details as provided by TD Ameritrade which worked.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    ok.... and how does all that relate to today's problem
    with accessing the TD Ameritrade's Advisor Client brokerage.
    Do you access the normal TDA account - just with a different ID ?
    or one of the other TD listed accounts..... has to be somewhere on this list -

• Rasha7
    Rasha7 Member ✭✭
    As stated in my original post in December, "I recently opened an account with TD Ameritrade's Advisor Client brokerage.", my posts relate specifically to enabling account data downloads into my Quicken investment IRA account tied to my TD Ameritrade Advisor Client account.
  • Rasha7
    Rasha7 Member ✭✭
    Under Quicken Account Details, Online Services, the financial institution shows as "TD Ameritrade".
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Rasha7 said:  I then went into my Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property desktop software and added the account using "Add Account" and provided the account details as provided by TD Ameritrade which worked.
    SO... is there still a problem or not -
    I guess the other folks posting were wondering what you had to do to get TDA to work ?
    - which Quicken Add Account name did you use
    - what info did you have to get from the TD folks, when you refer to "credentials"
    - did you have to enable software downloading on the TD website & your account
    - is everything downloading & working ok as of today ?

It's hard to follow along from December - and answer a non-issue today -
    with other folks  dropping in and asking the same Q&A -

• Rasha7
    Rasha7 Member ✭✭
    "SO... is there still a problem or not -" - No problem for me. My investment account issue where I was unable to set up a Quicken-linked account to my TD Ameritrade Advisor Client account were resolved by the actions taken in December.

"- which Quicken Add Account name did you use" - "TD Ameritrade"

"- what info did you have to get from the TD folks, when you refer to "credentials" - a username, and password, which differed from the credentials I use to interactively access my TD Ameritrade Client Advisor account online. I also assume that this action was in conjunction with enabling automated online account access on their (TD Ameritrade Client Advisor) side.

"- did you have to enable software downloading on the TD website & your account" - There was no place in the online setting that I could find to enable software downloading on the TD Ameritrade Client Advisor site during my interactive login. Hence my initial question here. In order to get software downloading enabled I had to contact TD Ameritrade Client Advisor support and they then took the necessary steps and provided me with what was needed. The point is, at that time at least, you had to contact TD Ameritrade support to get download access.

"- is everything downloading & working ok as of today ?" - yes, my problem was solved.
This discussion has been closed.