Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Pop up window issues with mouse

Many Quicken entries have pop ups to ask questions. i.e. when date is entered wrong, deleting a transaction, modifying category breakdowns, etc. Sometimes when these windows open, a box shows up taking quite a long time like it is stuck and wont populate and ask the relevant question, i.e. do you want to delete, modify etc. Ultimately it does. This happens often but not all the time. I am sure it is not the speed of my computer, see below. My databases are quite small.

The odd think is, if I move the mouse to the opposite screen and click a blank area, the quicken window pop immediately populates with text and questions. It's as if something just got unstuck.

I have tried a multitude of compatibility settings to no avail

I am using an evga x299 motherboard with intel extreme chip and two 4k monitors with a 1080Ti video board. Windows 10 up to date and latest version of quicken. Mouse is Logitech 2s Mx mouse.

Comments

• Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have Q2020 R23.28 and a large database file.  I also have two 4k monitors.  I have found that it is best to run Quicken on the primary monitor, that is the monitor that you log-in for Windows appears on.  Also I have found it is best NOT to run Quicken in full screen mode.  I have not had the issues that you have described but that does not mean it isn't happening to you.  Hopefully this might provide a clue.

FYI, you may not use remote desktop but it you try and remote desktop to the computer with the dual monitors from a computer with only one monitor AND you last closed Quicken on the secondary monitor you will not be able to access Quicken from the remote computer.  I found that out the hard way!
  • craig
    craig Member ✭✭
    Thank you Snowman

I am up to build 24.11.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Tired solutions,
    Issue persists.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    craig said:
    The odd think is, if I move the mouse to the opposite screen and click a blank area, the quicken window pop immediately populates with text and questions. It's as if something just got unstuck.
    Something did get unstuck. I have seen this behavior in programs other than Quicken. Windows programs run off an event loop. If an event is missed or erroneously ignored, the program will just sit there. Adding a new event to the event queue, in this case "Blur" (loss of focus), gets the event loop going again.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.