Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken Changing Future Bills

I have a monthly credit card bill that I estimate at $2500. Quicken shows this in Upcoming Bills and Projected Balances just fine. However, when I linked this bill to a oniine biller (Bank of America), once the OSU runs and it reads my current bill ($2188), it changes all future bills from $2500 to $2188. Why?

If I unlink the biller, it goes back to my monthly estimated bill of $2500.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you link an Online Biller to a bill reminder, you are reseting the estimate amount of the reminder to the amount of the online bill.  That is essentially what it means to link the Online Biller to the reminder.  If you do not want to use the Online Biller as the estimated for the reminder, I suggest you unlink the Online Biller from the reminder.
  • Muzicman61
    Muzicman61 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the answer but that is just ridiculous on the part of Quicken. And it never used to be this way until a recent update. Additionally I have other linked billers where this is not the how they behave. It appears to only be with my BoA credit card.

Can you explain the logic why they would program it this way?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the answer but that is just ridiculous on the part of Quicken. And it never used to be this way until a recent update. Additionally I have other linked billers where this is not the how they behave. It appears to only be with my BoA credit card.

Can you explain the logic why they would program it this way?
    I can not explain why you would see a different behavior with other online biller linked reminders.  As to why Quicken developers would program it this way, I couldn't say.  I would have appreciated more flexibility.
  • Muzicman61
    Muzicman61 Member ✭✭
    Well all I can say is that behavior has changed in the last couple months. Just another reason why when my subscription expires I'll be switching to a different product for tracking my finances.
This discussion has been closed.