Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

My quicken is corrupted. Does not appear in the control panel. How do I uninstall & reinstall

KENNETH OBERG
KENNETH OBERG Member ✭✭
The problem happened about a week ago. I called a number (1-855-[removed]) for quicken support and it was I think a scam and they tried to sell me a repair which I did not accept. Now I can not get into quicken.

Best Answer

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Follow this link to uninstall Quicken. If you need to obtain Quicken subscription to reinstall you can go to your quicken.com home page.

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    never do a "search" for Quicken Support -
    as the results are mostly paid scammers.
    Always use the numbers listed in - your Quicken Account, or Quicken website -
    What version of Quicken do you think you have ?

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • when trying the Quicken.exe that was downloaded i got the response to"manually uninstall Quicken from the Programs.
  • ps56k
    I assume that I have 2019 version since my subscription run thru 2020
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned above - the best course....
    1 - use the QcleanUI to totally remove any existing Quicken program modules
    2 - log into the Quicken.com website with your Quicken ID / password
    3 - locate the entry and click to - Download Quicken for Windows
    4 - download the installer - and when completes - click to install Quicken
    5 - ...
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • After several tries I now have Quicken installed but I get the following message. "Quicken unexpectantly quit the last time it was run please help Quicken...…." I have sent the log back to Quicken with no response.