CIT Bank Download Password rejected

Over the last several days Quicken says my CIT Bank password is incorrect and will not download transactions. I confirmed the password is correct by signing in directly to CIT Bank successfully. I have tried resetting the account in Quicken. I also removed the online connection and recreated it and still get the same error from quicken.
Tagged:

Comments

• ApophusApophus Member ✭✭
    I've experienced the same thing for the last 2 or 3 days. I've tried everything suggested to no avail.
  • wmbarrydwmbarryd Member ✭✭
    Same issue for me. Says my password is wrong. It's not. Disconnected service but can't reconnect because it says the password is wrong.
  • nbmarsnbmars Member
    Same issue for me. It started two days ago and I also confirmed the login from a web page. I disconnected the service and now i cannot reconnect because it says the passwork is wrong.
  • Same for me. Confirmed credentials. Changed password. Added new test account. Nothing worked.
  • mvwabcmvwabc Member ✭✭
    Same. Getting CC-503 errorr - your login information in Quicken is incorrect.
  • Quicken was updated this morning and now i receive CC-503 errors. Password has been confirmed as the correct password. Can log in to the bank (Farmers State Bank) directly. The bank has a mobile application and that too can be logged into with the same password. I have updated to a new password, confirmed with the bank, Quicken continues to reject it - help!
  • abra cadabraabra cadabra Member ✭✭
    Same issue for me. Also unable to reset account or add new account.
  • critStockcritStock Member ✭✭
    Yes, same here. Very nice, two days before Xmas!
  • I was downloading fine from both banks but it has stopped working for both (interface for both seems to be same so guessing it it common problem). I deleted the setup from each and tried connecting but still did not work.

I know I have the right login information for each since I am able to log in to their websites.
  • gunninggunning Member
    > @sjmsing said:
    > Over the last several days Quicken says my CIT Bank password is incorrect and will not download transactions. I confirmed the password is correct by signing in directly to CIT Bank successfully. I have tried resetting the account in Quicken. I also removed the online connection and recreated it and still get the same error from quicken.

It seems that CIT has switched to two factor authentication. The first time I tried it in Quicken (2017), I got a notice to input a security code that was texted to my phone. I did so and it downloaded. On attempted downloads since then, I have not gotten a test sent to my phone and I have not been given the option to enter a code in Quicken. The download errors out with code 585 (Your financial institution has added a new security feature. . .". Not sure why it is not working.
    Appears to be resolved. CIT now requires that you complete a 2-factor authentication step before it will allow Quicken to access your account. I suspect the outage was due to CIT enabling this new feature without coordinating with Quicken developers. It is unfortunate that in most outages like this one, there appears to be no communication at all to Quicken customers. Perhaps the financial institutions refuse to coordinate with Quicken, or perhaps Quicken refuses to tell us. Either way, you sure can count on these outages to ruin your Quicken user experience. If you are like me and have accounts at a few dozen financial institutions, the outages occur every few weeks, sometimes more frequently. The uptime is laughable (one 9, perhaps, lol??). </rant>
  • David BoaterDavid Boater Member
    This has been going on for several weeks. Finally I deactivated the account and changed the FI to CIT Bank (New Login), and the problem still occurs. Scheduled OSU should just report this as an error, and not hang up waiting for a response that requires a typed answer.
    > @David Boater said:
    > This has been going on for several weeks. Finally I deactivated the account and changed the FI to CIT Bank (New Login), and the problem still occurs. Scheduled OSU should just report this as an error, and not hang up waiting for a response that requires a typed answer.

I use the same "New Login" FI as well. To be clear, when I perform a one-step update for all accounts, this continues to fail with the "A security question is required..." error, and has a Try Again button. But I don't do that. Instead I just click Close, then go to the CIT account, then do an "Update now" from the actions list. This time it should ask you for the security code. I'm not sure why this doesn't happen during the "all accounts" one step update process when other accounts of mine _will_ do it that way just fine. Maybe if you click the Try again it will also work, or maybe if you do the all accounts one step update again it will work, but I didn't try it that way so not sure. Either way, I agree with you: the update should work the first time.

cc @Quicken Sarah (or someone) can this be addressed?
  • billrbillr Member ✭✭
    I have had a CC-502 error for several days when trying to update/download transactions from CIT Bank. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  • billrbillr Member ✭✭
    Works now when I click "try again". Asks for phone number and sends a security code to input. The key appears to be "try again".
  • KennyGolubKennyGolub Member ✭✭
    I can't get it to work with two of my banks that both download to quicken and I can sign into........guess mobile is worthless for me.
  • RBRB Member ✭✭
    Deactivated All Accounts at CIT Bank.
    All subsequent attempts to add back account at CIT BANK (Using Either CIT Bank or CIT Bank N.A. (New Login) have resulted in CC-502 error.
    This occurs when using valid login credential or fake credentials.
    It also occurs when using new test accounts and using a separate computers with brand new quicken account.
    Quicken Support used fake login credential themselves and go the same error.
    Quicken says there is NO Escalation path at Quicken for a CC-502 error when fake credential results in a CC-502 error! They say issue is with CIT Bank and not with Quicken. They indicate BANK must contact Quicken to resolve the issue. Quicken can not help with this issue.
    I called CIT Bank (855-462-2652) and tried to explain to the representative who talked to their digital team.
    I encourage other unable to add accounts to contact Bank and post her.
    All input is welcome.
  • RBRB Member ✭✭
    Unable to add Accounts at CIT Bank using either "CIT Bank" or "CIT Bank N.A. (New Login)".
    I and Quicken Support get a CC-502 error over the past week when attempting to add accounts.
    Quicken Support says no escalation path for this error if it can be generated with fake credential.
    Quicken Support indicates CIT Bank must contact Quicken to resolve the issue.

More Details:
    Quicken Windows; R24.14; Windows 10 Professional or Home

Deactivated All Accounts at CIT Bank.
    All subsequent attempts to add back account at CIT BANK (Using Either CIT Bank or CIT Bank N.A. (New Login) have resulted in CC-502 error.
    This occurs when using valid login credential or fake credentials.
    It also occurs when using new test accounts and using a separate computers with brand a new quicken account.
    Quicken Support used fake login credential themselves and go the same error.
    Quicken says there is NO Escalation path at Quicken for a CC-502 error when fake credential results in a CC-502 error! They say issue is with CIT Bank and not with Quicken. They indicate BANK must contact Quicken to resolve the issue. Quicken can not help with this issue.
    I called CIT Bank (855-462-2652) and tried to explain to the representative who talked to their digital team.
    I encourage other unable to add accounts to contact Bank and post her.
    All input is welcome.
  • billrbillr Member ✭✭
    I have had a CC-502 error the past few days when trying to download transactions from CIT Bank. Any suggestions?
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14
    Hello @billr

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you are still needing assistance with the CC-502, please take a moment and review the information available here.

If the trouble persists after completing these steps, please contact support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps and a review of the logs for possible escalation.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka