Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Can't fix dividend transactions.

I have two dividend transactions from long ago that do not have dividend amounts, but do have shares. If I try to edit it, they do not get fixed. They cause huge errors in net worth reports, even deleting them causes huge errors in net worth reports in the other direction. Here is an image of the transactions...

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried validating (and super-validating if necessary) your Quicken data file?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • chitownhockey
    chitownhockey Member ✭✭✭✭
    Or, if the validation fails, have you just tried deleting the asterisked transactions and re-entering them?

Make sure you write down the two transactions that need to be replaced.

And backup your data file first.  
  • Rod Rehor
    Rod Rehor Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    OK, I've deleted and added back in the two transactions. I've also run validation, validation with rebuild, and validation/rebuild/repair. I do get 11 damaged data blocks each time. I could do Delete and Rebuild, but that would lose data older than 5 years, and of course that's where my error lies.

I've also tried exporting and importing into a different file name, no luck there either.

Any suggestions?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    “Damaged data blocks” means your data file is corrupted beyond Quicken’s ability to repair.

At this point, you might as well experiment all you like on a copy of the file, including allowing some data to be removed.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.