Holdings Display shows a cash balance, but the account has 0 cash balance. Adj. results in -cash

The holdings display shows a cash balance, but there is no cash in the account as all the funds are invested. Trying to adjust the cash balance results in a negative cash balance is holdings display. How do I get the holdings display to show a zero cash balance?

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community although, I apologize that you haven't received a response.

To be able to get an answer we'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Are you able to see where the cash amount is coming from in the transactions in the investment account?

It may also be helpful to provide a screenshot of the problem using the Windows Snipping Tool.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • castei12
    castei12 Member
    The Cash balance in the Account Overview is 0 (zero) since all funds are invested in mutual funds, which it the correct cash balance. However, when I click on the Holdings tab for the account to see the mutual funds and their shares, price, market, value, cost basis, gain/loss, etc. that display shows a cash balance amount.

When I click on Adjust the cash balance in Account Overview to zero, it will eliminate the cash balance in Holdings, but it now shows a negative cash balance in the Account Overview which was the same amount previously in the Holdings cash balance, but it is now a negative number.