Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Downloading/importing transactions via Quicken On The Web

csorton1029
csorton1029 Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in Using Quicken on the Web
Is there a way to import transactions from my bank account into quicken on the web? It works with my quicken mobile and desktop, but doesn’t seem to work with quicken on the web.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @csorton1029

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

The web app syncs with the data from the desktop app-- transactions can't be imported into the web app like the desktop app.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review the information available here.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • csorton1029
    csorton1029 Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello @csorton1029
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.
    >
    > The web app syncs with the data from the desktop app-- transactions can't be imported into the web app like the desktop app.
    >
    > If you haven't already, please take a moment to review the information available here.
    >
    > Hope this helps!
    >
    > -Quicken Tyka

So it doesn’t work the same as Quicken Mobile? When I open Quicken Mobile it syncs the cleared transactions from my accounts.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Hello @csorton1029

Thank you for the response, although I apologize for any confusion.

To answer your question,  yes the latest transactions from your banks should sync to both the mobile and web app.

The Quicken Cloud automatically downloads the latest transactions from your banks. You'll always have the latest transactions on your mobile device or with Quicken on the Web. This will allow you to view and edit transactions from anywhere you have internet access. Please keep in mind the data in the Quicken Cloud is not a backup. The actual data/data file is still stored on your desktop.  The data in the Quicken Cloud cannot be used to restore your Quicken Desktop data. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/what-quicken-cloud

However, you may not download a file from the bank and import that into the web app to update transactions. 

If you are not seeing cleared transactions populate on the web app, I have a few questions.

Does this appear to be happening to every account or just a few accounts?

Also, how long have you been seeing this issue? 

Lastly, have you tried the steps available here?

Let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a way to import transactions from my bank account into quicken on the web?
    A little clarification....
    Your question implied some form of manual "downloading/importing" -
    which  Quicken on the Web can't do...
    However - BOTH the Mobile App and Quicken on the Web will access your Sync'd account data from the banks "behind the scenes" and display it as current data.
    SO - just wanted to clarify that the data is updated real time "behind the scenes" in addition to anything performed on the desktop and Sync'd from that desktop.
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • csorton1029
    csorton1029 Member ✭✭
    I just tried again this morning. And my quicken web does not sync with the data from any of my accounts. My quicken mobile does. When I open up Quicken on the web my cleared transactions from my bank account do not show on Quicken on the web
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Hello @csorton1029

Thank you for the response and for providing more details

If you are still experiencing this trouble, I would start by resetting the Quicken cloud.

Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts.
    Click Reset your cloud data.

If the trouble persists, I would verify the following information

First, verify that you are signed into the correct Quicken ID. The Quicken ID you sign into on the web app needs to be the same one you use in Quicken on your computer. To verify the Quicken ID in Quicken on your computer, go to Edit > Preferences then Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts. On the web app, sign out (located in Settings) then sign back in using the same Quicken ID you just confirmed you're using on your computer.

Are you viewing the correct data file?

After signing into the Web app, you will be given a list of data files associated with your Quicken ID. Here you can select which data file from Quicken on your computer you want to view on the web app. If you are missing transactions on the web App make certain you are viewing the same data file you have open on your computer. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/troubleshooting-quicken-mobile-companion-app

If the trouble continues to persist after these steps, I would contact support directly for advanced troubleshooting.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka 
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.