Home Quicken for Mac Download, Add/Update Accounts (Mac)

Can I hide old categories from being selected with out removing them from old transactions?

I have used Quicken for Mac for the past 23 years. As you might imagine there are old categories that are no longer needed in the present but they are relevant to the past. All have been migrated to the current Mac version. However, now when looking for a category there is a lot of chaff in there (thankfully my wife has tolerated old girl friend's names appearing). Is there a way to have them not appear in the drop-down as a potential category when creating a new transaction? If I remove these categories using Window => Categories, will the old transactions be deleted or have no categories?

Best Answers

• RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    You could rename the no longer used categories to start with a "z" (eg MyCategory becomes zMyCategory) so at least it sorts to the bottom of the list and doesn't start to pre fill when you start typing "m...y...".
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    You could rename the no longer used categories to start with a "z" (eg MyCategory becomes zMyCategory) so at least it sorts to the bottom of the list and doesn't start to pre fill when you start typing "m...y...".
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Great Idea! Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.