Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Why is Quicken screen refresh so slow, now?

Following the most recent update, Quicken runs very slowly. Switching between accounts in the register I now get the spinning wheel for 5-10 seconds. Same with reconciling. Also, I used to be able to scroll back in time very quickly. Now, forget it. The screen refresh rate can't keep up. Anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• bdrewen
    bdrewen Member
    There was a separate thread for Quicken being dog slow yesterday, but it was apparently combined into the OSU thread. Quicken update works for me now, albeit very slowly. But the slowness problem that started yesterday still exists. It takes me at least a minute just to switch between accounts and Quicken is using 30% of my CPU in doing so which just isn't right. Then there's the qw.log file that is growing rapidly with the same error message. I have no idea what is truly related, but it seems Quicken has some serious issues that started yesterday.

37.5k of the following:
    Process id : 5872 Thread id : 17852 : Time 15:17:51 : DbC EnsureViolation 'm_bankDetailsMap[bid] != 0' in OnlineBankList::FindBank (banklist.cpp @ line # 2481.)
    Process id : 5872 Thread id : 17852 : Time 15:17:51 : DbC EnsureViolation 'm_bankDetailsMap[bid] != 0' in OnlineBankList::FindBank (banklist.cpp @ line # 2481.)
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    The issue with thousands of EnsureViolations at banklist.cpp line 2481 has been acknowledged and is being addressed.
    In the meantime, you can safely delete the file %APPDATA%\Quicken\Log\qw.log between Quicken runs.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • SvenBridstrup
    SvenBridstrup Member ✭✭✭
    Deleting the qw.log file did not improve performance at all. Still get the spinning wheel just switching between accounts in the register. Quicken, you need to FIX THIS!
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I meant only that the file could be deleted if it became huge. As I said, it’s being addressed, but today is a holiday.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • SvenBridstrup
    SvenBridstrup Member ✭✭✭
    Are you saying they know exactly what is causing this slowdown and are working on it?
  • LuAnn Bennett
    LuAnn Bennett Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    (Removed-Rant-Off-Topic)
  • SvenBridstrup
    SvenBridstrup Member ✭✭✭
    It is unacceptable.
This discussion has been closed.