Janus Henderson Error Connecting

Approximately 12/10/19 Janus Henderson stopped downloading returning error "Incorrect Customer ID or Password/Pin. Janus did not accept your login. Please try again." There is no Quicken Error message. Checked with Janus no known issue there. I do see the link for the web site is still Janus and not Janushenderson so not sure if the redirect is causing the issue. Tried the Quicken suggested fix of deactivating accounts (2 of them) and deleting passwords in Password Keychain but error persists.

Any ideas?

Running on MacBook Pro Mac High Sierra v10.13.6 and latest version of Quicken Version 5.13.3 (Build 513.30586.100)

Comments

• Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited January 8
    Hello @lawson7,

Thank you for providing the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize you have not yet received a response.

Is this issue still occurring? If so, would you mind letting us know what Connection Type is used to link with the trouble financial institution in Quicken?

You may see this information by selecting the account from the sidebar and then going to Accounts>Settings

For more details regarding Connection Types in Quicken, please reference this Support Article

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie
    -Quicken Natalie 

• lawson7lawson7 Member ✭✭
    I can not tell as had have not been able to reactivate the two accounts from initial fix directing to deactivate them. It would appear to be quicken direct as it comes up as Quicken for Mac on link
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @lawson7

Thank you for providing more details, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

Please go to the Janus Henderson account in Quicken, and go to Settings > Set Up Transaction Download.

Search for "Janus" and click on the URL to visit the website, please type in the username and password that you are attempting to sign in to Quicken with.

Please let me know if you are able to sign in, also is this website familiar? Is it the one you usually visit to view these accounts?

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • Alan EdelmanAlan Edelman Member ✭✭
    I had the same problem and talked to Janus. This is a known issue with Quicken. They say it has to do with not having a long enough user name but I changed all that and Quicken still can not download from Janus. However the Janus rep also said they have had multiple complaints about Quicken showing downloaded data that does not agree with what is on the website, something I am experiencing with several accounts in Quicken for Windows 2017.