Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Screen Share - now can't see 2nd monitor

Was online with support using "screen share." Now windows 10 is only seeing one of my 2 monitors. Even Device Manager is only seeing one of my monitors. How to fix?

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you try Scan for Hardware Changes in Device Manager's Action menu?
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • I have now reinstalled windows and the problem still has not gone away. I also unplugged and replugged in this monitor. The screen is still black. What is this software they are using for the screen share??
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @[email protected]

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the monitors after screen-sharing with Quicken Support and thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the Community.

The screen-share tool used by Quicken Support is only able to view one monitor at a time so the Agent may have had you temporarily "turn off' the display for the second monitor.

If you haven't already, please right-click anywhere on the computer desktop where it is a blank space and select "Display settings" from the menu that opens.

In the Display Settings window, scroll down to Multiple Displays and click on "Detect".

That should force Windows to recognize the second monitor, but please let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • I tried this before and Windows does not detect the second monitor.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I have now reinstalled windows and the problem still has not gone away.
    You RE-INSTALLED the Windows OS to resolve this monitor issue ?
    and still don't see the 2nd monitor -
    and Device Manager doesn't see it -
    and Windows Detect doesn't see it -

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10