Is there a recent issue with Quicken 2017 Premier opening QDF files?

I last opened Quicken 2017 Premier on 12/24 and had no issues. I tried to open on 1/3 and Quicken just hangs after entering the file password, blank screen with a spinning wheel mouse cursor. The same thing happens if I try to restore any of my old backups, it get to the point of asking for my password and then hangs. I'm basically dead in the water at this point. I tried a clean install on another PC and it won't open the files there either.

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • The files are in a folder under Documents with full access enabled. When I run Validate it finds no errors in the file. When I do a restore from the backups it does the restore to QDF but is still hangs when opening, right after I enter the file password. I did validate that entering an incorrect password it returns "incorrect password", so it's getting past the password validation. After some playing I was able to restore and open files created before 11/15/19. It is strange that I had about 6 backups between 11/15 and 12/24 that I was not able to restore and open.
  • Forgot to mention... In case of hard drive failure or corruption, I keep backups on the local drive but also on a NAS drive and neither would open.
This discussion has been closed.