Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Incorrectly matched transaction

I'm new to downloading transactions and have been looking for the answer before coming to the community, I've even chatted online with support. I appears my problem is not able to be corrected which makes absolutely no sense to me. I'll try to be brief but clear.
I incorrectly matched a New Dec transaction to a July reconciled transaction.
New to it so I didn't pay attention and won't make that mistake again. So the transaction I should've made "new" in December I accidentally let Quicken match it to a July reconciled transaction.
When I look at the downloaded transactions it shows I accepted it and the "accept" and "edit" buttons are grayed out. Is there really no way to unmatch this transaction and and make it new?
Thanks for any help.

Best Answer

• JewellzeeJewellzee Member
    Accepted Answer
    Yes, I deleted the July reconciled transaction, reentered it as reconciled, then entered the new Dec transaction.
    I couldn’t have fixed the mismatched one because the downloaded ID is a fixed ID and I’m unable to remove it.
    It worked out with the 3 moves I made but I would’ve liked to have just undone the one mistake and been done. Lol.
    Thank you for your reply, it’s much appreciated.

Answers

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The easiest way to undo any change to a data file is to restore a backup saved prior to making the change: select File > Backup and Restore > Restore from Backup File...
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
    Thanks for the response. I would have to be willing to lose a whole days work to do that. The mistake was made after about 6 hours of work.
    I do backup periodically throughout the day (for just that reason) but, alas, I did not do that today.
    I do, however, recognize Quicken is not Quickbooks so I’ll have to take the good with the bad.

Again I appreciate the response. It just seemed to simple a thing to not be able to “undo” if you will.

Ciao!
  • volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Can't you just manually enter the right new transaction now?  Then fix anything on the old one that got changed and put it back to reconciled in July?
    Accepted Answer
    Yes, I deleted the July reconciled transaction, reentered it as reconciled, then entered the new Dec transaction.
    I couldn’t have fixed the mismatched one because the downloaded ID is a fixed ID and I’m unable to remove it.
    It worked out with the 3 moves I made but I would’ve liked to have just undone the one mistake and been done. Lol.
    Thank you for your reply, it’s much appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.