Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Downloading from LPL Financial

I am using Quicken for windows version v23.18 build 27.1.2318 and and get the error message "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<Errors xmlns="http://schema.intuit.com/platform/common/error/v1">
<error>
<code>AuthenticationFailed</code>
<type>INPUT</type>
</error>
</Errors>

Is this a quicken or Financial Institution problem

Best Answer

Answers

• loyelmloyelm Member
    I get the same response.
  • rgumpertzrgumpertz Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 7
    When I try to set up accounts at LPL Financial, I get:
    ACCOUNT 1 Unknown Type Ignore Personal
    ACCOUNT 2 Unknown Type Ignore Personal
    ACCOUNT 3 Unknown Type Ignore Personal
    ACCOUNT 4 Unknown Type Ignore Personal
    ACCOUNT 5 Unknown Type Ignore Personal
    where each of the account names "ACCOUNT n" is correct.

Any known way to fix this so they aren't of unknown type? (Like most LPL accounts, they are broker-advised accounts.)
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    have not seen this - must be something weird that LPL is sending for account type
    11372    11372    11372    LPL Financial    http://www.lpl.com    1-800-877-7210    https://myaccountviewonline.com/AccountView/LogOn    ACTIVE        
    INVESTMENT&WEB-CONNECT        
    INVESTMENT&EXP-WEB-CONNECT  

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
    So how do I look at and/or fix the account type sent during connection setup?
    I would suggest contacting Quicken Support - as per the numbers listed on the REAL Quicken.com website - Not sure what might show up in any of the Quicken LOG files..
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @Robert Baur & @loyelm

I'm sorry to hear you are receiving an error when updating accounts with LPL Financial and thank you for taking the time to report this error to the Community.

Are you still receiving this error message?

If so, do you update accounts using the Express Web Connect connection method?  Or import a Web Connect (.QFX) file downloaded from the Financial Institution into Quicken?

If this error is still occurring and you use the Express Web Connect method, please contact Quicken Support to report this error. 

The "XML file" error indicates an internal scripting issue that will need to be escalated to our Service Providers to correct.

If using a downloaded Web Connect file and receiving the XML error, please contact your Financial Institution to report an error in the downloaded data.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

Sarah
    edited January 7
    See attached window capture
    EDIT - added instream JPG image
    EDIT the topic title to better reflect the Q&A

• Robert BaurRobert Baur Member ✭✭
    Sarah, I was using Express web Connect as the connection method. I am able to manually import from the web Connect (.QFX) file. I did take your advice to update accounts without success.
    After deactivating the online update feature or each of my LPL accounts and reactivating, one step update found my LPL accounts and names but found an "Unknown Type" and ignore. As a result I can reactivate the accounts via one step update. As a precaution I tried deactivating animation without any additional success. I think this needs to be updated to the next level. Please advise
    edited January 8
    this thread - for.... @rgumpertz

yes, you are correct-- I meant can not
    I might also add that you cannot add LPL Accounts to Quicken because it doesn't acknowledge the account type
  • loyelmloyelm Member
    I'm still having a download issue with LPL Financials. My Quicken version is using Web Connect as the method to download transactions, which according to the guidance requires action on LPL Financials' end to correct the problem. Does this square with anyone else's understanding?
  • Spider56Spider56 Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem. What is the latest update on resolving this problem? It began at the beginning of 2020 for me.
  • Diane DDiane D Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem. Last successful Web Connect update was Dec 21, I cannot update at all. I have not deactivated all three accounts and reactivated. I was able to manually download 2 of the 3 but the third account will not work. Any help here?
  • Diane DDiane D Member ✭✭
    Also I keep getting OL-221 error once the file from LPL is downloaded and I try to open it.
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @""Diane D" ,

Save your downloaded Web Connect File. Then open Quicken and click File > File Import > Web Connect (.QFX) File.

Quicken probably change the way, you were use to.
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R28.24 USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.5 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 20211.1000
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19041.508

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

Just an update that this problem is not fixed with the newest quicken update R24.11. Links from the investment window to LPL don't work and Capital One downloads are not working either via one step update.
    edited January 15
    I spent some time on the phone with Quicken Support. They acted surprised even though I have reported this several times to them. I sent them log files and a screen shot. I sure hope they will respond this time. PLEASE ESCALATE!

Note that it happens even with a NEWLY CREATED .qdf file: I created test.qdf and attempted to add accounts from LPL Financial. Again, the same Unknown Type errors. Sigh.
  • dspaschkedspaschke Member
    I have the same problem with LPL financial.
  • John DahlgrenJohn Dahlgren Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue. Download to Quicken button on AccoutView (myaccountviewonline.com) works but requires manually logging in to download. I'm running Windows 10 and R24.14 for Quicken.
  • raislegerraisleger Member ✭✭
    I too am experiencing this problem when trying to add an LPL Account to Quicken (i.e. Unknown Type showing for all of my LPL accounts).. I contacted Quicken support and they said it probably is an LPL problem -- and my LPL Financial Adviser said I needed to contact Quicken. So here we go with the finger pointing. While I do not have a solution, I just wanted everyone on this thread to know that you are not alone -- this is a real problem. Since I know for a fact that I've added LPL accounts successfully into Quicken in the past, I have a feeling that this is a Quicken problem, not LPL.

Quicken Support - please look into this issue ASAP. There are a number of users that can provide with whatever information you need to get this resolved.
  • JmansdadJmansdad Member ✭✭
    edited February 14
    I am running Q2020, Build 27.1.24.14. I recently migrated my accounts to LPL Financial and had no issues setting up the new accounts from the LPL website. I am concerned that LPL is not appearing in the One Step Update dialogue and I get the following message when I attempt to download manually:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
    <error>
    <type>INPUT</type>
    </error>
    </Errors>
  • Tim SouleTim Soule Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem with LPL Financial.
  • Dennis BDennis B Member ✭✭
    Exactly the same problem and no resolution or suggestion?
  • Dennis BDennis B Member ✭✭
    I cannot download or update transactions via Quicken without first going to LPL website. When I try to update transactions via Quicken "update transactions" I get the following message.....any solutions?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
    <error>
    <type>INPUT</type>
    </error>
    </Errors>
  • scooter4kscooter4k Member
    Bottom line.....Can Quicken get transactions from LPL Financial or not? I am upgrading from Quicken 2017 and am on the 30 day trial. I will cancel and use another program is this subscription model cannot update LPL Thanks
    Yes, you can. You have to have quicken open and download from the LPL website.

https://myaccountviewonline.com/AccountView/LogOn
This discussion has been closed.