LPL Financial - "Unknown Type" when trying to Add Accounts to Quicken

When I try to set up accounts at LPL Financial, I get:
ACCOUNT 1 Unknown Type Ignore Personal
ACCOUNT 2 Unknown Type Ignore Personal
ACCOUNT 3 Unknown Type Ignore Personal
ACCOUNT 4 Unknown Type Ignore Personal
ACCOUNT 5 Unknown Type Ignore Personal
where each of the account names "ACCOUNT n" is correct.

Any known way to fix this so they aren't of unknown type? (Like most LPL accounts, they are broker-advised accounts.)

Comments

• ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    have not seen this - must be something weird that LPL is sending for account type
    11372    11372    11372    LPL Financial    http://www.lpl.com    1-800-877-7210    https://myaccountviewonline.com/AccountView/LogOn    ACTIVE        
    INVESTMENT&WEB-CONNECT        
    INVESTMENT&EXP-WEB-CONNECT  

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • rgumpertzrgumpertz Member ✭✭✭
    So how do I look at and/or fix the account type sent during connection setup?
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest contacting Quicken Support - as per the numbers listed on the REAL Quicken.com website - Not sure what might show up in any of the Quicken LOG files..
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
    edited January 7
    See attached window capture
    EDIT - added instream JPG image
    EDIT the topic title to better reflect the Q&A

edited January 15
    I spent some time on the phone with Quicken Support. They acted surprised even though I have reported this several times to them. I sent them log files and a screen shot. I sure hope they will respond this time. PLEASE ESCALATE!

Note that it happens even with a NEWLY CREATED .qdf file: I created test.qdf and attempted to add accounts from LPL Financial. Again, the same Unknown Type errors. Sigh.
  • dspaschkedspaschke Member
    I have the same problem with LPL financial.
  • John DahlgrenJohn Dahlgren Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue. Download to Quicken button on AccoutView (myaccountviewonline.com) works but requires manually logging in to download. I'm running Windows 10 and R24.14 for Quicken.
  • raislegerraisleger Member ✭✭
    I too am experiencing this problem when trying to add an LPL Account to Quicken (i.e. Unknown Type showing for all of my LPL accounts).. I contacted Quicken support and they said it probably is an LPL problem -- and my LPL Financial Adviser said I needed to contact Quicken. So here we go with the finger pointing. While I do not have a solution, I just wanted everyone on this thread to know that you are not alone -- this is a real problem. Since I know for a fact that I've added LPL accounts successfully into Quicken in the past, I have a feeling that this is a Quicken problem, not LPL.

Quicken Support - please look into this issue ASAP. There are a number of users that can provide with whatever information you need to get this resolved.
  • JmansdadJmansdad Member ✭✭
    edited February 14
    I am running Q2020, Build 27.1.24.14. I recently migrated my accounts to LPL Financial and had no issues setting up the new accounts from the LPL website. I am concerned that LPL is not appearing in the One Step Update dialogue and I get the following message when I attempt to download manually:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
    <Errors xmlns="http://schema.intuit.com/platform/common/error/v1">
    <error>
    <code>AuthenticationFailed</code>
    <type>INPUT</type>
    </error>
    </Errors>
  • Tim SouleTim Soule Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem with LPL Financial.